Good News for Vis Valley

  • ctano@vvboom.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      I'm sure most of you already know that we got our money for the
      library! A success for all! Now we should all start thinking about
      how to capitalize on the new Light Rail Project!

      The T-Third Opening is scheduled to occur on April 7th, but the big
      event that MTA is planning is happening on April 14th to fit the
      schedules of our wonderful dignataries.

      VVBOOM would like to organize an event to encorage riders to visit
      Leland and utilize it's services for the day.

      Does anyone in the community have an idea for what we should do. One
      idea already tossed out was a sidewalk sale.

      Let's Start Thinking!

      Crezia Tano
      V V B O O M :: Program Manager
      1099 Sunnydale Avenue, Ste. 312
      San Francisco, CA 94134
      O :: 415.587.7896 ext 104
      F :: 415.585.2848
    • Silvia Taheri
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
        Any chance we could do a fair?

        I'm sure most of you already know that we got our money for the
        library! A success for all! Now we should all start thinking about
        how to capitalize on the new Light Rail Project!

        The T-Third Opening is scheduled to occur on April 7th, but the big
        event that MTA is planning is happening on April 14th to fit the
        schedules of our wonderful dignataries.

        VVBOOM would like to organize an event to encorage riders to visit
        Leland and utilize it's services for the day.

        Does anyone in the community have an idea for what we should do. One
        idea already tossed out was a sidewalk sale.

        Let's Start Thinking!

        Crezia Tano
        V V B O O M :: Program Manager
        1099 Sunnydale Avenue, Ste. 312
        San Francisco, CA 94134
        O :: 415.587.7896 ext 104
        F :: 415.585.2848

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.
      • Edie
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com, ctano@... wrote:

          > I'm sure most of you already know that we got our money for the
          > library! A success for all! Now we should all start thinking
          about
          > how to capitalize on the new Light Rail Project!
          >
          > The T-Third Opening is scheduled to occur on April 7th, but the
          big
          > event that MTA is planning is happening on April 14th to fit the
          > schedules of our wonderful dignataries.
          >
          > VVBOOM would like to organize an event to encorage riders to
          visit
          > Leland and utilize it's services for the day.
          >
          > Does anyone in the community have an idea for what we should do.
          One
          > idea already tossed out was a sidewalk sale.
          >
          > Let's Start Thinking!
          >

          > Crezia Tano
          > V V B O O M :: Program Manager
          > 1099 Sunnydale Avenue, Ste. 312
          > San Francisco, CA 94134
          > O :: 415.587.7896 ext 104
          > F :: 415.585.2848

          Yes the library commission yesterday approved to shift funding from
          5 libraries to the 11 that are active and upcoming...which includes
          us! So we have moved up in the process and it looks like we are
          getting developers fees from Top Vision which is another piece of
          good news! But to say we got the money isn't really correct in my
          mind...I think that by attending meetings and such the the new
          Visitacion Branch Library is moving up so we can start the design
          process. It's really about the process and the hostile bidding
          market for contractors which has slowed down other branches and thus
          have added to the increase in construction cost...actually the
          controllers office will be conducting an audit just to see how close
          the $11.4M figure is to reality...that's inclusive of the cost of
          the property (Leland/Rutland) that has already been purchased. The
          audit is for the total BLIP... So overall I agree that we have Good
          New for the new Visitacion Valley Branch Library but we still need
          to continue to attend all meetings regarding the library so we can
          assure that we stay on top and that the funding comes our way...of
          course there will be ballot measures and bonds that we'll need to
          support also...so our work is just getting under way!!! It's
          exciting....Edie
          ps...I agree we need to try to link Downtown Leland with the T-Line
          and would be happy to work on that effort with you. Too bad during
          the planning of the lightrail we didn't SEE that they were not
          giving us a station at Leland the heartbeat of the Valley!