Re: [Valley_Eye] SFOP

  • tara hui
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      I worked with Jennifer when I was with CAA but I think she's since moved on;
      not sure who's her replacement. The last issue, that I was aware of, which
      they worked on was public safety - purse snatching around bus stops.

      Tara

      >From: Edith Epps <aheins@...>
      >To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Valley_Eye] SFOP
      >Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:00:22 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I've dealt with Jennifer (?) in the past through ICA high school in the
      >Mission and Church of the Visitacion....they seem to like to work with
      >"faith" based groups and generally like to stir up a lot of support for
      >their cause...not listening to the community as a whole...that was my
      >experience when they had a meeting at Church of the V about Schlage Lock
      >site about 4-5 yrs. ago...I'd say stay clear or be cautious...just my
      >option as usual....Edie
      >
      >ziaraetano <ctano@...> wrote: Has anyone had any
      >experience with working with SFOP in the Valley?
      >Does anyone have contact information, besides the general website?

      Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
    • Linda McKay
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
        That was my experience too. SFOP tried to hijack the Schlage Lock planning process by turning out hundreds of people who didn't live in Vis Valley. I found it very sad - the people who came were desperate for subsidized housing & didn't really understand the concept of "affordable". They were used, pure and simple.

        Linda