Re: [Valley_Eye] SFOP

  • Edith Epps
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      I've dealt with Jennifer (?) in the past through ICA high school in the Mission and Church of the Visitacion....they seem to like to work with "faith" based groups and generally like to stir up a lot of support for their cause...not listening to the community as a whole...that was my experience when they had a meeting at Church of the V about Schlage Lock site about 4-5 yrs. ago...I'd say stay clear or be cautious...just my option as usual....Edie

      ziaraetano <ctano@...> wrote:
      Has anyone had any experience with working with SFOP in the Valley?
      Does anyone have contact information, besides the general website?

    • tara hui
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
        I worked with Jennifer when I was with CAA but I think she's since moved on;
        not sure who's her replacement. The last issue, that I was aware of, which
        they worked on was public safety - purse snatching around bus stops.

        Tara

        >From: Edith Epps <aheins@...>
        >To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Valley_Eye] SFOP
        >Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:00:22 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >I've dealt with Jennifer (?) in the past through ICA high school in the
        >Mission and Church of the Visitacion....they seem to like to work with
        >"faith" based groups and generally like to stir up a lot of support for
        >their cause...not listening to the community as a whole...that was my
        >experience when they had a meeting at Church of the V about Schlage Lock
        >site about 4-5 yrs. ago...I'd say stay clear or be cautious...just my
        >option as usual....Edie
        >
        >ziaraetano <ctano@...> wrote: Has anyone had any
        >experience with working with SFOP in the Valley?
        >Does anyone have contact information, besides the general website?

        Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
      • Linda McKay
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
          That was my experience too. SFOP tried to hijack the Schlage Lock planning process by turning out hundreds of people who didn't live in Vis Valley. I found it very sad - the people who came were desperate for subsidized housing & didn't really understand the concept of "affordable". They were used, pure and simple.

          Linda