Little Hollywood 120 Lathrop

  • rmorine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2007
       Hello all

      The project described below just came to my attention. It looks like the the church that fronts on Lathrop is planning to tear down the old bungalow style classrooms along Wheeler and replace them with a "multi purpose" building.

      I called the planner and asked why the plans were not made public and she said that because of a quirk in the planning code, notification is all that is needed because the site is governed by a pre existing "conditional use" classification. Basically this means that the project sponsor isn't required to have a the plans presented to the public, they can be viewed at the Planning Department however.

      The architect's name is T.C. Chen 510-559-8252. He should be sending an email with the plans soon, I'll post them ASAP.

      You can also call the Planner if you have any specific concerns.

      If you feel that their is a need to have a community meeting, call the planner and ask her to delay the hearing before the Planning Commission until the neighborhood can weigh in.

      This is scheduled to go before the Planning Commission on Feb.1 2007.

      Russel Morine
      415-740-4014

      The Commission will consider a request for continuance to a later date.  The Commission may choose to continue the item to the date proposed below, to continue the item to another date, or to hear the item on this calendar.

      1.         2006.1090C                                                                      (E. JACKSON: (415) 558- 6363)
      120 Lathrop Avenue - south side, between Tunnel and Wheeler Avenues, Lot 001 in Assessor's Block 5090 - Request for Conditional Use Authorization for a Planned Unit Development (PUD) pursuant to Planning Code Section 304 to amend a previously approved CU/PUD authorization (Case No. 1995.183C, Motion No. 13951) to demolish an existing 1,815 square foot classroom building and construct a new 4,300 square foot multi-purpose building at the rear of the lot within an RH-1 (Residential, House, Single-Family) District with a 40-X Height and Bulk designation.  The site is currently occupied by the Korean First Presbyterian Church.  Exceptions are requested from rear yard and off-street parking as mandated by the Planning Code.
      Preliminary Recommendation: Approval with conditions
                  (Proposed for Continuance to February 1, 2007)

    • Linda McKay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 22, 2007
        I think the neighborhood (especially the adjacent neighbors) deserve to see what's being planned. I'll call the planner and ask that the meeting be delayed. We can schedule a LH meeting for next week if the developer / architect can agree on a time & date.

        Linda