RE: [Valley_Eye] FW: [BrsNet] Learning Through Character Education and Service

  • tara hui
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2009
      We had Character Education and Service Learning when I was growing up in China, to some extend also in Hong Kong. Unfortunately, once I got here I was told that, it's considered brainwashing; what suddenly changed people's minds?

      Not complaining or anything, I happen to like the idea of brainwashing children into loving/caring people that have strong sense of fairness, justice and community.

      Tara

      --
      "Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contribute the best that they have and all that they are." - Hafsat Abiola

      To: theportola@yahoogroups.com; Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
      From: mvrazzo@...
      Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 14:11:18 -0800
      Subject: [Valley_Eye] FW: [BrsNet] Learning Through Character Education and Service

      Dear Groups,

      I'm on the Brisbane list serve and received this interesting e-mail message,
      and am forwarding it with the permission of the author. This program sounds
      fascinating and although our neighborhoods are in a different county from
      San Mateo, Tamberly was more than enthusiastic about recruiting from among
      our community members.

      Maryanne