Fw: Social Security 2009. Worth reading.

  • marlene tran
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2009

      IT DOESN'T MATTER IF  YOU ARE  REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT!

      KEEP  IT GOING!!!!

      Propose  this in 2009:

      START A BILL TO PLACE ALL  POLITICIANS ON SOCIAL SECURITY

      ------------  --------- ---------  ----

      SOCIAL SECURITY:

      (This is worth  reading. It is short and to the point.)

      Perhaps we  are asking the wrong questions during election  years.

      Our Senators and  Congresswomen
       do  not pay into Social  Security and, of course, they do not collect  from it.

      You  see, Social Security benefits were not suitable  for
      persons  of their rare elevation in society.  They  felt they should have a  special plan  for themselves So, many years ago they voted in  their own  benefit  plan.

      In more recent years, no congress person  has felt the need to change it. After all, it is  a great plan.

      For  all practical purposes their plan works like  this:

      When they retire, they continue to  draw the same pay until they die.

      Except  it may increase from time to time for cost of  living adjustments. ......

      For  example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and  their wives may expect to draw $7, 800,000.00  (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand  Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000..00  during the last years of their lives.
      This  is calculated on an average life span for each  of those two  Dignitaries.

      Younger Dignitaries  who retire at an early age, will receive much  more during the rest of their lives.

      Their cost  for this excellent plan is
       $0.00.  ZIP!! NADA!!!  ZILCH!!!

      This  little perk they voted for themselves is free to  them.
      You  and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for  this fine retirement plan come directly from the  General Funds;

      "OUR  TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

      From  our own Social Security  Plan,
       which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every  payday until we retire  (which amount is matched  by  our  employer ), We  can expect to get an average of
      $1,000  per month
       after  retirement.

      Or,  in other words, we would have to collect our  average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years  and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill  Bradley's benefits!

      Social  Security could be very good if only one small  change were made.

      That change would be to

      Jerk  the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the  Senators and Congressmen. .. Put them into the  Social Security plan with the rest of  us

      Then sit  back.....

      And see how fast  they would fix it!

      If enough  people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness  will be planted and maybe good changes will  evolve.

      How  many people can
      YOU  send this to?

      Better yet......

      How many  people
       WILL you send this  to ?

      P.S. The same goes for their healthplan

      I COULDN'T forward this FAST enough.........!!

      2010 is an election year for 1/3 of the senate and 1/2 of the house of representatives. It would be nice if congress got the message; the voting taxpayers are in charge now.

      Social Security  2009

      LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS  IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" AND THE POWER OF  THE INTERNET. PLEASE  FORWARD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS.