Turkey Talk....

  • Edie
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2006
      Hi All- This has nothing to do with turkey but I need your help! On
      Alpha bet. Leland & Raymond on the East side of the sidewalk it has
      become a place where dog owners don't clean up after their animals!!!
      I talked to the lady that operates the sidewalk cleaner and she said
      to call 28-CLEAN and ask them to send out a steam cleaner. She also
      said that she would report it but it holds more weight with DPW if
      the neighborhood calls. So if you have a chance in the next few
      days please call it in. I've asked for signage to place in
      Hernandez Bakery window and poles asking pet owners to pick up after
      their pet and will even place a few bags on the poles to see if they
      get the message.
      They do send the steam cleaner out if we call because they have been
      faithfully cleaning the Bayshore/Arleta sidewalks after we
      complained. But there again Bayshore is getting a lot of attention
      these days...we'll see once the light rail grows old....
      Thanks for your help....Edie
      PS...Please mark your calanders for Saturday, DEC 2nd the VVCC is
      sponsoring a Flea Market (inside the aud) from 10-3pm. If you would
      like a table to sell some of your treasures please let me know.
      467-0236...Come bye and do some shopping...Tis the Season!!!
    • David Binkowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2006

        Edie,

        Thanks for your message.  We are having the same problem near the corner of Tucker and Alpha.  I feel the dog owners are acting very rudely by leaving their animal droppings in the street and on the sidewalk for us to walk through when we get out of cars (especially at night when we can't see what we're walking through!!!).  What can we do?

        David

        From: "Edie" <aheins@...>
        To: Valley_Eye@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Valley_Eye] Turkey Talk....
        Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 20:37:42 -0000

[...]

        Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends list.
      • Edith Epps
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23, 2006
          I would suggest the same...for one call 28-clean and ask for a steam cleaner and then ask for signs to post along with bags.  We need to get the word out on any street in VV that you need to pick up after your pet.  I know this has been a concern in the City on comm'l strips like 24th Street; Chestnut and the like...they have posted signs and bags and generally just got the word out.  That's a start...I'll let you know if I can get some signs...Edie

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2006
            SFDOG & Park/Rec department have bag dispenser boxes specifically for this purpose, but they are usually installed in parks. I'll talk to them and see if they have signs or dispensers they can make available.

            Linda