Fw: 2009 Maccabi Games at McLaren Park

  • marlene tran
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009

      --- On Sat, 8/1/09, TRILCE & CHARLES <helpmlpark@...> wrote:

      From: TRILCE & CHARLES <helpmlpark@...>
      Subject: 2009 Maccabi Games at McLaren Park
      To: helpmlpark@...
      Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 7:16 AM

      I hope you all are doing well.

      I wanted to write and tell you about a volunteer project that will be happening at McLaren next week. The project is associated with the Maccabi Games which are organized by the Jewish Community Center here. (www.jccmaccabisf.org/).

      Essentially, ~1500 youth ages 12-16 are coming to SF to complete in the 2009 JCC Maccabi Games this month. The Maccabi Games have a service component (the Day of Caring and Sharing or DOCAS). In SF, the DOCAS service will be park clean-ups.

      Crocker and McLaren are both sites that are hosting athlete volunteers on August 5th from about 1pm-4pm! There will be about 100 at Crocker and 200 at McLaren.

      If you have time, stop by the park and say hi or thank you on the day of so that the volunteers understand who they are helping and why all this matters so much.  We’ll make a poster with a thank you message (perhaps your kids would enjoy making another thank you poster?)

      Wednesday, August 5th from 1pm to 4 pm.

      Thanks you all.

      Trilce Farrugia

      --