Re: [Valley_Eye] Fw: Petition to Preserve Parkland in Bayview! No on SB 792 Petition - Please Sign on and Spread the Word [2 Attachments]

  • Linda McKay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2009
      Marlene - thanks for sending. I really hope everyone will sign this - and be sure to mention that you live nearby.

      Linda
      Date: 2009/7/15
      Subject: [Powerlocal] No on SB 792 Petition - Please Sign on and Spread the Word
      To: powerlocal@peopleor ganized.org

      Please forward widely...

      Petition to Preserve Parkland in Bayview!  No on SB 792!

      click the link below and add your name and organization to the fight for environmental justice and accountable development in Baview:

      http://www.thepetit ionsite.com/ 1/bayview- parkland

      Above is a link to the Petition that POWER and our allies are circulating to gather signatures against SB792, to stand up against environmental racism and protect Parkland in Bayview Hunters Point.

      Please add your name and say No! to SB 792, a bill Mark Leno introduced that would allow the State of California to sell 42 acres of state parkland in Bayview for private condominium development.

      SB 792 is headed for hearing in the California Assembly Appropriations committee within the next few weeks.  Please sign on to the petition, and add your organizations support to our campaign.

      Thank you so much for your solidarity and support!