FW: Please Save CA!

  • tara hui
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2009
      Governator's plan to cut funding will disproportionally affect neighborhoods like our because of the predominantly low- to moderate-income residents we have.

      As part of the Kids in Parks program, we just took the 7th grade kids from VV Middle School to Angel Island for a field trip, where they learned about nature, history, and how human presence tilt the balance on this fragile ecosystem. Most of them saw Angel Island and Mt. Tam for the first time!

      Don't let this be the last class to visit these beautiful nature preserves. Please sign the petition: http://ga3.org/campaign/budget_may09

      To learn more about the situation, please read the forwarded email.

      Tara

      --
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Brazilian archbishop Dom Helder Camara

      > From: roseaguilar@...
      > Subject: Please Save CA!
      > Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:54:11 -0700
      >
      > Hi all,
      >
      > CA is facing major financial problems. The Governor has plans to shut
      > down 200 state parks, including Angel Island and Mt. Tam! That's 80%
      > of state parks. A committee is considering the proposal on Tuesday.
      > Please, please, please sign this petition and call your legislators on
      > Monday.
      >
      > You might be saying, yeah, right, another petition. It won't do any
      > good. Parks were on the chopping block last year and thanks to
      > petitions and phone calls, they stayed open. This time, it's 10 times
      > worse.
      >
      > Here's the petition: http://ga3.org/campaign/budget_may09
      >
      > Find your legislators here: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/yourleg.html
      >
      > And finally, to find out how bad things really are, I highly recommend
      > this open source news site: http://www.calitics.com/
      >
      > CA might become the first state to eliminate government health
      > coverage for 900,000 low- to moderate-income children. 900,000! And
      > the first state to eliminate financial aid while raising tuition. Say
      > goodbye to affordable higher education.
      >
      > Please forward...
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Rose

      HotmailĀ® goes with you. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.