Re: [Valley_Eye] Fw: [theportola] $20 for 10 days McLaren Park Shakespeare camp returns!!

  • friscodrifter@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2009
      I couldn't find the McLaren Park location on the application?

      From: suziweav@earthlink. net <suziweav@earthlink. net>
      To: "Monroe" <monroeelementary@ yahoogroups. com>, "theportola@ yahoogroups. com" <theportola@yahoogro ups.com>, "Excelsior" <Excelsior_Parents@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Monday, May 18, 2009, 7:55 PM

      After initially saying they could not do the $20 Shakespeare Camp this year, it is happening after all!
      see link: http://www.sfshakes .org/camp/ index.html
      Make sure to chose the McLar en Park Camp Application form (lower left)!

      McLaren Session 1: June 15-26
      McLaren Session 2: July 6-17

      If you live in zip codes 94112, 94124, or 94134, pay only $20 - 95% off the regular camp fee! ONLY TEN slots for each zip code at this discounted price, plus ten additional full fare slots for otehr zip codes. No income eleigibility required (scholarships available for other zip ocdes based on economic need)

      *****

      Can I register for camp at McLaren even if I don’t live in 94112, 94124, or 94134?

      Yes, Shakespeare Camp at McLaren Park is open to everyone! However, we have reserved 30 of the 40 enrollment slots (at each session) for children from these three zip codes (10 slots per each zip code) until June 10th. At that time, any available slots will be made available to all. Please call for additional information. If you are in need of finanical aid, scholarships are also being offered with a separate application to other camps.

      Can I register for both sessions? To insure that camps are available to as many as possible, we can wait list you for enrollment in an additional session and contact you if space is available.

      Aftercare until 5:30pm**
      **No extra charge for signing up for aftercare at the time of enrollment; $10 per day charge will be required
    • Linda Davirro
      Message 2 of 5 , May 19, 2009
        Hello Neighbors:

        There is a link to enroll in the Skakespeare Camp for McLaren which you will find on the lower left side of the camps page. http://www.sfshakes.org/camp/index.html

        Please support this worthwhile camp and demonstrate to RPD and the Mayor the viability of McLaren Park & the JG Amphitheater for more performing arts.

        For readers of this posting, (and not meaning to sound like we're bragging) you might want to extend thanks to Franco Mancini, me, Linda Harte, Chuck Whelon, Erin Merrit and the office of Supervisor John Avalos,  who are actively working with SFShakes to bring the children's camps and hopefully "Women's Work" Theater and the "Shakespeare in the Park Festivals" to the JG Amphitheater.

        Please encourage Supervisor Maxwell to join Supervisors Avalos and Campos at the next (yet unscheduled) meeting to bring more activities, childrens' programs and performances to McLaren Park & the Amphitheater. We need the 3 districts surrounding the park to join as a force to be reckoned with to get the long-overdue support of McLaren and our neighborhood.

        If you know of other groups that would like to perform and offer camps and children's programs, please drop an e-mail to Supervisor Avalos as they plan for the next meeting.

        Thank you!
        Linda D'Avirro
        Linda J. D'Avirro
        President, Crocker Amazon Park Advisory Board
        Friends and Advocates of Crocker Amazon and the Excelsior/F.A.C.E.
        District 11 Council
        San Francisco, California

        Message 3 of 5 , May 19, 2009
          Thank you

          Message 4 of 5 , May 19, 2009
            just wanted to second the Thanks. My daughter participated last year and I signed her up right away for this summer. I know that funding was difficult to get, it's great that our n'hood kids get to participate for another summer.
            --Katherine