nature ed. grant still open Re: [Valley_Eye] Seeking art instructors for Mission District

  • Illena Takahashi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      Thanks for passing this along, Jean.

      Anyone interested in applying for a Parks & Rec. grant for our nieghborhood? It was announced at yesterday's meeting (which was dang well organized, if I may say so!). Deadline is end of this month.

      Illena

      From: Jean Feilmoser <gypsyj@...>
      Subject: [Valley_Eye] fyi
      To: excelsiorworkinggro up@yahoogroups. com, "portola group" <theportola@yahoogro ups.com>, "Visitacion Valley Yahoo Group" <Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 1:39 PM

      Job Announcements

      Southern Exposure (SoEx) Seeks 3 Arts Instructors and 3 Artists Assistants/Interns for Mission Voices Summer (MVS) 2009

      Southern Exposure is seeking three Arts Instructors and three Artist Assistants/Interns for Mission Voices Summer (MVS) 2009. MVS is a six-week intensive summer arts program. It gives young people in the Mission District the opportunity to exercise leadership skills and participate in their community by exploring relevant social and personal issues through visual arts. Sponsored by Southern Exposure's Artists in Education Program, the program is a collaboration with several Mission District community-based youth organizations and neighborhood youth. The program bridges neighborhoods and cultures by pairing local artists with teens.
      Three arts instructors and three artist interns will work with participating youth to produce a collaborative project with a united thematic focus. The program will culminate with a project the third week of August 2009.

      Deadline to apply: Friday, May 15, 2009.
      To view the job descriptions go to: http://soex. org/teachingopps .html

      Jean Feilmoser
      "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. "
      Robert Frost

    • Veronica Hunnicutt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2009
        Good question, Marlene. Let's check and see.
        DrVH

        Dr. Veronica Hunnicutt
        Dean, Southeast Campus
        City College of San Francisco