Re: [Valley_Eye] Seeking art instructors for Mission District

  • Jean Feilmoser
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2009
      I don't know.....but there may be members of Vis Valley who would benefit from this...and it's not specific to people who live in the Mission, from what I understand.  This came from a generic citywide email newsletter I got that anyone can receive. Don't shoot the messenger.  Jean
      From: Jean Feilmoser <gypsyj@...>
      Subject: [Valley_Eye] fyi
      To: excelsiorworkinggro up@yahoogroups. com, "portola group" <theportola@yahoogro ups.com>, "Visitacion Valley Yahoo Group" <Valley_Eye@yahoogro ups.com>
      Date: Sunday, May 3, 2009, 1:39 PM

      Job Announcements

      Southern Exposure (SoEx) Seeks 3 Arts Instructors and 3 Artists Assistants/Interns for Mission Voices Summer (MVS) 2009

      Southern Exposure is seeking three Arts Instructors and three Artist Assistants/Interns for Mission Voices Summer (MVS) 2009. MVS is a six-week intensive summer arts program. It gives young people in the Mission District the opportunity to exercise leadership skills and participate in their community by exploring relevant social and personal issues through visual arts. Sponsored by Southern Exposure's Artists in Education Program, the program is a collaboration with several Mission District community-based youth organizations and neighborhood youth. The program bridges neighborhoods and cultures by pairing local artists with teens.
      Three arts instructors and three artist interns will work with participating youth to produce a collaborative project with a united thematic focus. The program will culminate with a project the third week of August 2009.

      Deadline to apply: Friday, May 15, 2009.
      To view the job descriptions go to: http://soex. org/teachingopps .html

      Jean Feilmoser
      "Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that made all the difference. "
      Robert Frost

    • Illena Takahashi
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2009
        Thanks for passing this along, Jean.

        Anyone interested in applying for a Parks & Rec. grant for our nieghborhood? It was announced at yesterday's meeting (which was dang well organized, if I may say so!). Deadline is end of this month.

        Illena

[...]

      • Veronica Hunnicutt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 4, 2009
          Good question, Marlene. Let's check and see.
          DrVH

          Dr. Veronica Hunnicutt
          Dean, Southeast Campus
          City College of San Francisco