Fw: Senator Yee hosts world famous martial artists from Songshan Shaolin Temple, China

  • Jean Feilmoser
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2009
      Senator Yee hosts world famous martial artists from Songshan Shaolin Temple, China
      fyi, jean feilmoser
      Date: Saturday, March 21st
      Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
      Admission: FREE

      Dear Friends,

      I hope that this e-mail finds you well. We have a very exciting event coming up and I wanted to extend an invitation to you.

      On March 21st, we will welcome to California the highest figure in Chinese Zen Buddhism, the Abbot of Shaolin, along with a delegation of monks from the Shaolin Temple in Songshan, China. The historic visit will be only the third time in which Abbot Shi Yong Xin has come to California. Previous Abbots had never visited the United States.

      The Shaolin Temple, renowned for its 1500-year-old martial arts and Buddhist scholars, is the birth place of Zen Buddhism. The monks of Shaolin have won fame and prestige for creating Shaolin Kung Fu, the most well known Chinese martial arts. These teachings are taught throughout the world, with several schools and teaching centers located in California.

      In celebration of the Abbot's visit, I am hosting an event open to the public. Highlights of the day include:

      10:30am – Spring Prayer for America, presided by the Venerable Abbot Shi Yongxin of China Songshan Shaolin Temple

      12:30, and 3pm – Shaolin King Fu Demonstration

      Free lessons: Shaolin Kung Fu, Qigong, Wellness Exercises

      Photo Exhibit: History of Shaolin Temple and Shaolin Kung Fu

      Shaolin Cultural Booths: Shaolin Medicine, Chan Tea & Cuisine, Books & Arts, Shaolin Monk Attire, Shaolin Weaponry

      This is a free event, and I am sure you will be thoroughly entertained. I look forward to seeing you there.

      Very best,

      Senator Leland Y. Yee

      leland@... •  State Senator Leland Yee

      This CoolerEmail was delivered to you by State Senator Leland Yee. Leave this mailing list, or modify your preferences. If you request to be taken off this email list, State Senator Leland Yee will honor your request pursuant to CoolerEmail's permission-based email terms and conditions. Postal address: 1370 24th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122