Places to camp in SW Virginia

  • Sally Aungier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      VAhorsetrails Members,

      I need some feedback. I have had several inquiries lately about places
      to camp in SW Va including but not limited to the Mt. Rogers National
      Recreation area. The only place I have stayed over in that area is
      Hungry Horse and so I have a limited personal knowledge for making
      referrals. I would appreciate hearing from those of you who have camped
      in that part of the state. Tell me where you stayed and if you would
      recommend it to others. Were the trails easy to access? Did you have
      trailer hookups? What were your options for keeping your horse
      contained? Was the camp easy to access from the interstate?
      I look forward to your replies.

      Sally Aungier
      VaHorse Council Trails Committee