Economic Impact of the U.S. Horse Industry Study

  • saungier@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2004

       Please take a few minutes and complete the on line economic impact survey for the American Horse Council.  The data they collect will be important in helping us with our lobbying efforts throughout the country as well as in Va.  Please also help by circulating this message to others who may be interested.

      Sally Aungier
      Chair, VHC Trails Committee
      and 2nd Vice President

      November 2004

      Dear Horse Owner;

      We are hoping you can take a few minutes out of your schedule to participate in a survey that will have a significant impact on the Horse Industry.

      The American Horse Council Foundation recently commissioned Deloitte Consulting LLP to update and enhance its Economic Impact of the U.S. Horse Industry Study, conducted in 1996. The study has proven a valuable resource in explaining the economic impact of our industry on the nation and individual states to Federal, State and local officials, the media as well as the general public. This study represents one of our most effective tools to create a deeper understanding of our diverse industry and its participants to the public and policymakers whose decisions impact us most.

      Your feedback will be invaluable in helping the Foundation provide an accurate reflection of the significant size of the horse industry and the economic impact that it generates. A few minutes spent answering this survey could ultimately result in tax savings, better land use, funding for emergency relief and equine research and other benefits to you and all of the individuals and businesses involved with the industry.

      YOUR PARTICIPATION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THIS PROJECT.

      Deloitte Consulting LLP is overseeing the survey process. Your anonymity will be preserved and all responses will be kept confidential, for use only in the context of this informational survey.

      Please take a few minutes to complete the online questionnaire by following the hyperlink: http://surveys2.rresults.com/190/0001_4/index_x.cfm?s=5XZX73XJ3&iid=2173

      Please answer each question to the best of your knowledge. The response to the survey is expected by the 19th of November. If you have any questions regarding this survey, or would like to request a hard copy of the survey, please call the Deloitte Consulting support line at 1-866-840-5511. Your time and cooperation is appreciated and will help us to accurately assess and promote the attributes of the United States horse industry and its affiliates.

      Sincerely,

      James J. Hickey,
      President

      Your name has been randomly selected, if you wish to be removed from our e-mail list please click here so that we may handle your request.

      National Hourse Council Foundation, 11616 H Street NW 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20006, 202-296-4031