Lake Anna State Park - trail work day on 1/21

  • Sally Aungier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Here are a few more details about the upcoming trail work day at Lake Anna
      State Park ---

      Arrive on time if you want to catch a ride in one of the park trucks going
      down the work site.

      Only park staff will be allowed to run chain saws so volunteers should
      mainly bring tools for working on the trail surface and trimming branches.

      The section of trail to be rerouted is very short (under 100 ft) and this
      change will move it off the washed out section of old road bed onto a new
      surface, rather than repairing the existing problem.

      If the weather doesn't cooperate the event will be rescheduled.

      Sally Aungier

      Date: 01/21/13
      When: 9:00am - 12:00pm
      Where: We will meet at the park office
      Tools and safety equipment will be provided, but feel free to bring your
      own.

      Please call the park (540) 854-5503 for more information.

      Happy Trails!

      Daniel Lafon
      Park Ranger
      Lake Anna State Park