John H. Kerr Master Plan

  • Sally Aungier
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3 4:37 PM
      Please be sure to submit comments in you live in this area and are familiar with the potential riding options.

      Sally Aungier

      --- Begin forwarded message:

      From: Carol Corker <pdc@...>
      Subject: John H. Kerr Master Plan
      Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 16:01:50 -0500

      All,
      The Army Corps of Engineers is revising their Master Plan for John H.
      Kerr Reservoir. As I explained at the RRRT meeting last week, they
      need input from citizens as well as agencies and local governments.
      They will be documenting desired uses/user groups and determining
      needs, such as the need for trails for bicycles, horseback, hiking;
      boating access; camping; etc. I provided input at an agency meeting
      they held in Richmond regarding the desire to connect trails and
      recreation areas. I will be sending the THT Master Plan and the GPS
      points for the Staunton River Trail.

      Please feel free to pass this email along to others that may have an
      interest in and wish to make comments on the Kerr Lake and adjoining
      lands Master Plan. Comments may be provided at the link below:

      http://www.saw.usace.army.mil/Recreation/Master%20Plan/John%20H.%20Kerr/index.htm

      The comment period is winding down so send remarks as soon as possible.

      Let me know if you have questions,
      Carol