Awful quiet out there!

  • Ken Hunter
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
      Just checking to see if anyone is out there... Yahoo sometimes
      deletes groups without activity.

      Ken Hunter
    • patinacreme@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2005
        Patina Here!

        over and out
      • ed ward
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2005
          It has been very slow, I built some thermocouple gauge
          heads and some amp circuits they work as good as
          leskers I am working on a pirani now and and maby a
          alpha particle sensor for vacuum measurement using a
          smoke detector alpha source does any body have any
          input on this-just saying hi-ed
          --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:

          > Just checking to see if anyone is out there... Yahoo
          > sometimes
          > deletes groups without activity.
          >
          > Ken Hunter

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • jrrymiller
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5, 2005
            I would be interested in the details of building T/C gauge heads. I
            made a parini gauge with a model airplane glow plug, works good for
            leak detector. The circuit for this is in the web. I coated a 6"
            mirror and the filiment burned out. I replaced it and continued,
            big mistake. Now I have a mirror with a hazy coat. Oh well, I will
            clean it and try again.
            Jerry Miller

            --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, ed ward <edsworkshp@y...> wrote:
            > It has been very slow, I built some thermocouple gauge
            > heads and some amp circuits they work as good as
            > leskers I am working on a pirani now and and maby a
            > alpha particle sensor for vacuum measurement using a
            > smoke detector alpha source does any body have any
            > input on this-just saying hi-ed

          • ed ward
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 5, 2005
              Hi Jerry I saw your pirani gauge on the net,I have a
              photo of the thermocouple gauge head before I put it
              together I will post it when I find it, the type k
              thermocouple I used had a max output of 14 mv I used a
              741 opamp with an offset null to zero the 50 mv meter
              with a adj gain of just 4 times the input to giva a
              full scale reading-ed
              --- jrrymiller <gandamiller@...> wrote:

              > I would be interested in the details of building T/C
              > gauge heads. I
              > made a parini gauge with a model airplane glow plug,
              > works good for
              > leak detector. The circuit for this is in the web.
              > I coated a 6"
              > mirror and the filiment burned out. I replaced it
              > and continued,
              > big mistake. Now I have a mirror with a hazy coat.
              > Oh well, I will
              > clean it and try again.
              > Jerry Miller
              >
              > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, ed ward
              > <edsworkshp@y...> wrote:
              > > It has been very slow, I built some thermocouple
              > gauge
              > > heads and some amp circuits they work as good as
              > > leskers I am working on a pirani now and and maby
              > > alpha particle sensor for vacuum measurement using
              > > smoke detector alpha source does any body have any
              > > input on this-just saying hi-ed
              > > --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:

              __________________________________
              Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
            • william rowland
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 6, 2005
                Why don't you publish how to do this in Sky and Telescope?
                Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
                http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm
              • ed ward
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 6, 2005
                  hi folks I pulled the gauge head off of my vacuum
                  system and took it apart and shot some inside close up
                  photos of the works, there on the photo section under
                  edsworkshp .the base was made on a metal lathe with an
                  o-ring seal so I can change or repair it my system has
                  been under a vacuum for 5 weeks and was still 10-2 so
                  it don't leak much any questions just ask-ed

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 6, 2005
                    --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, ed ward <edsworkshp@y...> wrote:
                    > hi folks I pulled the gauge head off of my vacuum
                    > system and took it apart and shot some inside close up
                    > photos of the works, there on the photo section under
                    > edsworkshp .the base was made on a metal lathe with an
                    > o-ring seal so I can change or repair it my system has
                    > been under a vacuum for 5 weeks and was still 10-2 so
                    > it don't leak much any questions just ask-ed
                    > --- jrrymiller <gandamiller@v...> wrote:

                    Hi Ed...

                    Looked at the photo's... Very nice. I'm curious about the wire
                    feedthroughs for the guage head. Is that epoxy sealing them into the
                    base plug? This would make a real nice construction article here for
                    the GROUP.

                    Ken Hunter
                  • ed ward
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 6, 2005
                      Hi ken
                      no this is the test prototype these are n-butyl rubber
                      I made the hole smaller than the tubing tapered the
                      connector with some vacuum lube pressed it in.I made
                      some more with nylon and teflon plugs with no rubber
                      the same way it worked fine aswell-ed

                      __________________________________
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 7, 2005
                        --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, ed ward <edsworkshp@y...> wrote:
                        > Hi ken
                        > no this is the test prototype these are n-butyl rubber
                        > I made the hole smaller than the tubing tapered the
                        > connector with some vacuum lube pressed it in.I made
                        > some more with nylon and teflon plugs with no rubber
                        > the same way it worked fine aswell-ed
                        > --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:

                        Thanks Ed...

                        I've got a list of things to try when I get settled and into a
                        decent workshop after I retire. This idea made that list!

                        Ken Hunter
                      • ed ward
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 7, 2005
                          well thanks ken-ed
                          --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:

                          > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, ed ward
                          > <edsworkshp@y...> wrote:
                          > > Hi ken
                          > > no this is the test prototype these are n-butyl
                          > rubber
                          > > I made the hole smaller than the tubing tapered
                          > the
                          > > connector with some vacuum lube pressed it in.I
                          > made
                          > > some more with nylon and teflon plugs with no
                          > rubber
                          > > the same way it worked fine aswell-ed
                          > > --- Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@y...> wrote:
                          > >

                          > Thanks Ed...
                          >
                          > I've got a list of things to try when I get settled
                          > and into a
                          > decent workshop after I retire. This idea made that
                          > list!
                          >
                          > Ken Hunter

                          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!