New photos uploaded

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      New photos uploaded

      I just uploaded some photos of my pump repairs.

      Basically my RV pump trashed it's second stage vanes, big problem that! So what to do, try to get parts or (dare I think it?) make my own. Well in the end I found a parts supplier (AU$360 for JUST the vanes), but they were a bit too rich for my wallet, so back to plan B, make 'em!

      I got the vane material as an 18" by 18" trade sample from Norplex, www.ilnorplex.com , to whom I'm really indebted! The photos show some of what I had to go thru to get the pump back into one piece. I will test it in the morning, wish me luck!

      Enjoy.

      Your's faithfully,

      Thomas Janstrom.
      Reflective Coatings Australia.
      Ph: +61 (0)7 4157 3636
      Cell: +61 (0)412 500 572
      Fax: +61 (0)7 4157 3637
      Email: tomjan@...

    • ed ward
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Thomas I ran into the same thing with a dd90 pump I picked up a while back 4 vanes 3 bushings 8 springs 3 seals almost 500.00 thats bull. I picked up some oillite bushings over size and turned them to fit and got the seals at a local bearing supplier and reworked the vains
        for a total of $15.00 us but 18 hours work it has been working great to factory specs for over 2 years.good luck with yours and I do want to here how your diff pump works!-Ed

        Thomas <t_janstrom@...> wrote:

        I just uploaded some photos of my pump repairs.

        Basically my RV pump trashed it's second stage vanes, big problem that! So what to do, try to get parts or (dare I think it?) make my own. Well in the end I found a parts supplier (AU$360 for JUST the vanes), but they were a bit too rich for my wallet, so back to plan B, make 'em!

        I got the vane material as an 18" by 18" trade sample from Norplex, www.ilnorplex.com , to whom I'm really indebted! The photos show some of what I had to go thru to get the pump back into one piece. I will test it in the morning, wish me luck!

        Enjoy.

        Your's faithfully,

        Thomas Janstrom.
        Reflective Coatings Australia.
        Ph: +61 (0)7 4157 3636
        Cell: +61 (0)412 500 572
        Fax: +61 (0)7 4157 3637
        Email: tomjan@...

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • t_janstrom
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
          Message
          Well it is Vacuum related, so the guy MUST be rolling in it!

          I'll let you know how things go, if the pump is happy, I'll fire up the diff pumps.....

          Clear skies,
          Thomas Janstrom
          http://www.tjanstrom.com
          http://www.norsewines.com.au
          "Your nobody untill you've been ignored by your seventh cranio-facial nerve."