thermocouple gauges

  • jim
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
      I was able to purchase some Sargent-Welch thermocouple gauges surplus. I
      have models 1515A and 1516A gauges. Sargent-Welch was spectacularly
      unhelpful when I tried to obtain data sheet on them. Does anyone here
      have any info on these gauges? Pin outs? heater voltage, current? Output
      voltage? Operating range?

      thank you

      jim
    • arcstarter
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, jim <jfosse@c...> wrote:
        > I was able to purchase some Sargent-Welch thermocouple gauges
        surplus. I
        > have models 1515A and 1516A gauges. Sargent-Welch was spectacularly
        > unhelpful when I tried to obtain data sheet on them. Does anyone
        here

        I tried to cross those p/ns on the lesker site:
        http://www.lesker.com/newweb/Pressure_Measurement/Thermocouple/Tubes_C
        rossReference.cfm?
        CFID=217813&CFTOKEN=17994880§ion=thermogauges&init=skip

        However I failed since your p/ns are not listed.

        I would suggest emailing lesker with your question. Their tech help
        is excellent (and free)!
        -Bill
      • jim
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
          On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 21:08:05 -0000, "arcstarter" <arcstarter@...>,
          you wrote:

          >--- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, jim <jfosse@c...> wrote:
          >> I was able to purchase some Sargent-Welch thermocouple gauges
          >surplus. I
          >> have models 1515A and 1516A gauges. Sargent-Welch was spectacularly
          >> unhelpful when I tried to obtain data sheet on them. Does anyone
          >here
          >
          >I tried to cross those p/ns on the lesker site:
          >http://www.lesker.com/newweb/Pressure_Measurement/Thermocouple/Tubes_C
          >rossReference.cfm?
          >CFID=217813&CFTOKEN=17994880§ion=thermogauges&init=skip
          >
          >However I failed since your p/ns are not listed.
          >
          >I would suggest emailing lesker with your question. Their tech help
          >is excellent (and free)!
          >-Bill
          Thanks Bill.

          jim
        • jlerch1@tampabay.rr.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2004
            > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, jim <jfosse@c...>
            wrote:
            > > I was able to purchase some Sargent-Welch
            thermocouple gauges
            > surplus. I
            > > have models 1515A and 1516A gauges.
            Sargent-Welch was spectacularly
            > > unhelpful when I tried to obtain data sheet on
            them.

            You might try Sam's Laser Faq, He has a lot on home
            made TC controllers:

            Here's a link:
            http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasercva.htm

            Sam's a great guy, and I bet if the info isn't on
            his site already, I bet he can find it :)

            Take Care,
            James