6" mirror coating

  • asad
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hi guys,

                  I've just joined this group and i'm from Pakistan. Recently I finished a 6" f/11 mirror for telescope. Now it is ready for an aluminium coat.

                In my country, a coating chamber is about unavailable. Some industries may have it but they clearly denied to coat my mirror.
                 I wanted to know that is there any guy having a  coating chamber for telescopic mirrors? If someone can help then I'll be grateful to him throughout my life.

      Thanks,

      Asad
    • Zafar Iqbal
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2010
        Dear Asad

        I am rebuilding the e-beam evaporation coating facility at National center of Physics Islamabad. will be ready in next six months. keep in touch for your work. Will do the necessary help.

        Where are you in Pakistan. What you are professionally

        Zafar

        To: VacuumX@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2010
          Hello Zafar,

                         I am a student of FSc pre engineering and my residence is in Okara. I've benn making the telescope mirrors for 2 years. I am very glad to hear that you can solve my problem. Thank u very much. Will be in contact Inshallah.

          Thanks

          Asad
        • Zafar Iqbal
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2010
            Dear Asad

            Where u r supplying these mirrors

            Dr.Zafar Iqbal

            To: VacuumX@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2010
              Hello Zafar,

                              I am not supplying these mirrors to anyone. Actually I am making these for my own use. The current largest telescope in the Pakistan has the mirror's diameter 18".And my ambition is to construct larger than 18".

                               In Pakistan, there would probably only one or two Telescope Makers as I know besides me. The reason is that many less people are interested in Space Astronomy and Sky watching. That's why no one will want to ask me to supply Mirrors for them. Now I'm waiting for the preparation and finishing for your Vaccum Chamber. A light of much help is being seen from u. Thanks

              Asad