Vacuum Equipment for sale.

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 10, 2010
      I have for sale a lifetime accumulation of vacuum related equipment for sale. There are 2 decent mechanical pumps, an 18" SS baseplate, two 6 inch diffusion pumps and valves with cold traps, ion gauge tubes and controllers, thermo gauges and sensors, misc valves etc. Most of these could support a working chamber or two and many more items too numerous to remember or list.

      I am also interested in Ham Radio gear to refurbish or use as a possible trade for some of this gear.

      Make me an offer and we can discuss an exchange of assets.

      Ken Hunter
    • Thomas Janstrom
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 10, 2010

        Ken do you have any Pirani sensor heads to suit an early Veco controller? Or similar cold cathode? I’ll check the compliance plate tonight for the exact model so you can get a better idea of what I’m chasing.

        If not do you have sensor/controller bundles so I can replace my now seriously obsolete sensors?

        Cheers, Thomas Janstrom.

        Little Gems.

        http://tjlittlegems.com

        I have for sale a lifetime accumulation of vacuum related equipment for sale. There are 2 decent mechanical pumps, an 18" SS baseplate, two 6 inch diffusion pumps and valves with cold traps, ion gauge tubes and controllers, thermo gauges and sensors, misc valves etc. Most of these could support a working chamber or two and many more items too numerous to remember or list.

        I am also interested in Ham Radio gear to refurbish or use as a possible trade for some of this gear.

        Make me an offer and we can discuss an exchange of assets.

        Ken Hunter

      • Aurigema, Andrew N. (KSC-ASRC-491)[ASRC A
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010

          Ken,

          Sorry to hear you getting out of vacuum.  The controller you rebuilt for me is working great.  It shows nanometers per second accumulation and total accumulation perfectly.  Thanks again.

          Do you have any parts for the inficon ???  I have a spare unit but crystals or sensor heads would be nice.

          Drew

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
            Hi Ken,

            Just 1 question, why you stop working on vacuum?

            Regards,
            Aaron

            --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:

            > I have for sale a lifetime accumulation of vacuum related equipment for sale. There are 2 decent mechanical pumps, an 18" SS baseplate, two 6 inch diffusion pumps and valves with cold traps, ion gauge tubes and controllers, thermo gauges and sensors, misc valves etc. Most of these could support a working chamber or two and many more items too numerous to remember or list.
            >
            > I am also interested in Ham Radio gear to refurbish or use as a possible trade for some of this gear.
            >
            > Make me an offer and we can discuss an exchange of assets.
            >
            > Ken Hunter

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
              Pirani, sorry no but...

              I do have a NEW (old stock) GRANVILLE PHILLIPS digital Controller with NEW ION tubes (3 or 4 of them) and a matching NEW G/P Convectron tube, cables etc. Has never been hooked up.

              I bought the G/P Controller on eBay ($400) and put it in a box, then bought a NEW connector, cable and Convectron tube from G/P and put them into the box, followed by the eBay and LabX ION gauge tubes (NEW old stock). They are still sitting there (I hope). I will have to go look to see if I can actually locate them and find the model numbers on the G/P equipment. This was going to be my personal set-up, but I never got it all together. Couldn't find an 18 inch S/S Bell jar for an affordable amount.

              I need to seriously take an inventory and photo's. Since the move back to Illinois, I know EXACTLY where everything is (within 60 feet or so). Here's some of the more interesting stuff.

              I have a few Thermo gauges...

              I have an 18 inch nominal (I think 20 inch diameter OD, 1 inch thick S/S) baseplate with 6 inch flange, some feedthru's, misc stuff. Already crated.

              I have 2ea 6 inch Diff pumps with gate valves, cold traps, electrical operated gate valves... Similar to what I sent Thomas.

              From a message I sent earlier to Guy Brandenburg:

              I have a 2 mechanical pumps for sale,

              HYVAC-28
              http://www.hyvac.com/Products/Vacuum_pumps/Belt%20Drive%20Pumps/2Stage/HV2_45_specs.htm

              Welch 1397 mechanical pump with a true 1HP 115Volt motor.
              http://www.welchvacuum.com/pdfs/manual/67-0777R2.9%20(DUOSEAL).pdf

              There's a current eBay listing number for a Welch 1397 in factory rebuilt condition:
              just enter 370254043490 in the search box.

              Both pumps worked well and pulled deep vacuums. I havent had them on-line for years and they are both needing an oil change and a good cleaning. Of course, I would do that and test them before selling.

              Shipping costs are likely to be high. I think the big Welch weighs in at nearly 250 pounds with the motor and base but I will crate them well in wooden crates. Check the VacuumX photo's, the last folder has a crate that I built for the diff pump and valve I shipped to Thomas Janstrom in Australia that arrived without any problems.

              If you are truely interested, I can take photo's of them and hook them up to a vacuum gauge to see what the vacuum currently is but it won't be as good as it will be when I clean and replace the oil (which I won't do unless I am about to sell one or the other). It's cold and snowy outside as I'm sure you are aware of this week. They are sitting in the corner of the barn doing me no good there. I'm expecting a reasonable offer of $200 for the Hyvac and $500 PLUS SHIPPING for the big Welch and/or a trade for something I can actually use. (Ham radio or electronic test gear?)

              Ken

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
                Drew...

                Thanks for the reply on the controller. I never did hear if you had it working or not.

                I have 2 more of the XMS Controllers.

                One of them I grabbed your power supply from, so the power supply needs work. The other one (my unit) is complete but may be missing a button cap or ??? Memory fading on that. I have a crystal head and some crystals, an inside cable or 2. I'll get a handle on exactly what I have and get back to you on it. Don't know the condition as it has sat in the barn for a year now under a plastic sheet. May be good still, may be junk. Either way I'll let you know. Make an offer for all I can find...

                Ken

                --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Aurigema, Andrew N. (KSC-ASRC-491)[ASRC AEROSPACE]" <andrew.n.aurigema@...> wrote:

                > Ken,
                >
                > Sorry to hear you getting out of vacuum. The controller you rebuilt for me is working great. It shows nanometers per second accumulation and total accumulation perfectly. Thanks again.
                >
                > Do you have any parts for the inficon ??? I have a spare unit but crystals or sensor heads would be nice.
                >
                > Drew

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 11, 2010
                  Getting too old and lost interest,
                  Never got the chamber and goodies all together at one time,
                  Cancer medical expenses,
                  Too many irons in the fire,
                  Low on money,

                  Take your pick...

                  ;0)

                  Ken

                  --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron A" <aydinnl2000@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Ken,
                  >
                  > Just 1 question, why you stop working on vacuum?

                • Attila
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 12, 2010
                    Hi Ken,

                    Do you have any 5Mhz crystal for deposition sensor?

                    Thx.
                    Attila
                    The Hun

                    --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:

                    > Drew...
                    >
                    > Thanks for the reply on the controller. I never did hear if you had it working or not.
                    >
                    > I have 2 more of the XMS Controllers.
                    >
                    > One of them I grabbed your power supply from, so the power supply needs work. The other one (my unit) is complete but may be missing a button cap or ??? Memory fading on that. I have a crystal head and some crystals, an inside cable or 2. I'll get a handle on exactly what I have and get back to you on it. Don't know the condition as it has sat in the barn for a year now under a plastic sheet. May be good still, may be junk. Either way I'll let you know. Make an offer for all I can find...
                    >
                    > Ken
                    >

                    > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Aurigema, Andrew N. (KSC-ASRC-491)[ASRC AEROSPACE]" <andrew.n.aurigema@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ken,
                    > >
                    > > Sorry to hear you getting out of vacuum. The controller you rebuilt for me is working great. It shows nanometers per second accumulation and total accumulation perfectly. Thanks again.
                    > >
                    > > Do you have any parts for the inficon ??? I have a spare unit but crystals or sensor heads would be nice.
                    > >
                    > > Drew

                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 12, 2010
                      Sorry no... I have a few 6MHZ rocks and they are promised to Drew already.

                      Ken

                      --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Attila" <schneyolo@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Ken,
                      >

                      > Do you have any 5Mhz crystal for deposition sensor?
                      >
                      > Thx.
                      > Attila
                      > The Hun
                      >
                      > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Drew...
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the reply on the controller. I never did hear if you had it working or not.
                      > >
                      > > I have 2 more of the XMS Controllers.
                      > >
                      > > One of them I grabbed your power supply from, so the power supply needs work. The other one (my unit) is complete but may be missing a button cap or ??? Memory fading on that. I have a crystal head and some crystals, an inside cable or 2. I'll get a handle on exactly what I have and get back to you on it. Don't know the condition as it has sat in the barn for a year now under a plastic sheet. May be good still, may be junk. Either way I'll let you know. Make an offer for all I can find...
                      > >
                      > > Ken
                      > >

                      > > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Aurigema, Andrew N. (KSC-ASRC-491)[ASRC AEROSPACE]" <andrew.n.aurigema@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Ken,
                      > > >
                      > > > Sorry to hear you getting out of vacuum. The controller you rebuilt for me is working great. It shows nanometers per second accumulation and total accumulation perfectly. Thanks again.
                      > > >
                      > > > Do you have any parts for the inficon ??? I have a spare unit but crystals or sensor heads would be nice.
                      > > >
                      > > > Drew

                    • Ken
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 19, 2010
                        Seems my memory may be playing tricks with me? I didn't find, at least within that 60 foot circle, my G/P vacuum controller. I may have slipped it into one of the crates buried at the bottom of my storage container and I'll try to get to them, drag things out into the sunlight (assuming we'll have some this weekend) and get photo's.

                        I did find:

                        2 ea, Crystal Sensor Heads with approx 50 ea, 6MHZ crystals and in-vac cables - $200.00
                        2 ea, XMS Vacuum Deposition Controllers (1 good, 1 for spare parts) - $100.00

                        The above items are reserved for Andrew Aurigema (first choice since he has a working system using these items already)

                        1 ea, NOS ION Gauge tube - $60.00,

                        2 ea, diffusion pumps with gate valves and chiller boxs @ $350.00 ea.

                        1 ea, 18 X 1 inch SS baseplate w/mating flange & several elec. feedthroughs $350.00

                        2 ea, Gallon of new Vacuum Pump oil - $15.00 ea.

                        1 ea, approx 1/2 gallon of #704 vacuum oil (jug had a leak and I lost about half...) - $35.00

                        2 ea, Thermocouple vacuum gauges (Hastings) w/tubes @ $50.00 ea.

                        1 ea, HYVAC-28 mechanical pump - $250.00
                        http://www.hyvac.com/Products/Vacuum_pumps/Belt%20Drive%20Pumps/2Stage/HV2_45_specs.htm

                        1 ea, Welch 1397 mechanical pump - $350.00
                        http://www.welchvacuum.com/pdfs/manual/67-0777R2.9%20(DUOSEAL).pdf

                        There's more, I just have to have some cooperation from the weather and get time to dig it all out. The above prices do include professionally made wooden shipping crates where applicable but not shipping charges.

                        Give me a call at home if you are interested, I don't have internet at home so I can't read email or respond until Monday evening after work. I am willing to talk trades for other useful items.

                        (217) 445-2023
                        (806) 679-0154 (wifes cell phone) I don't carry mine.

                        Ken

                        --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@...> wrote:

                        > Sorry no... I have a few 6MHZ rocks and they are promised to Drew already.
                        >
                        > Ken
                        >

                        > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Attila" <schneyolo@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Hi Ken,
                        > >

                        > > Do you have any 5Mhz crystal for deposition sensor?
                        > >
                        > > Thx.
                        > > Attila
                        > > The Hun
                        > >
                        > > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Drew...
                        > > >
                        > > > Thanks for the reply on the controller. I never did hear if you had it working or not.
                        > > >
                        > > > I have 2 more of the XMS Controllers.
                        > > >
                        > > > One of them I grabbed your power supply from, so the power supply needs work. The other one (my unit) is complete but may be missing a button cap or ??? Memory fading on that. I have a crystal head and some crystals, an inside cable or 2. I'll get a handle on exactly what I have and get back to you on it. Don't know the condition as it has sat in the barn for a year now under a plastic sheet. May be good still, may be junk. Either way I'll let you know. Make an offer for all I can find...
                        > > >
                        > > > Ken

                      • Guy Brandenburg
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 19, 2010
                          Ken,
                          It turns out that what I have on hand is about what you are selling (the DuoSeal). So I will need to decline to purchase another one.

                          Guy Brandenburg, Washington, DC

                          My blog, mostly on Education in DC:
                          http://gfbrandenburg.wordpress.com/

                          My home page on astronomy, mathematics, education:
                          http://home.earthlink.net/~gfbranden/GFB_Home_Page.html
                          or else
                          http://tinyurl.com/r6fh2
                          =====================================

> [...]

                          > > Thx.
                          > > Attila
                          > > The Hun
                          > >
                          > > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups .com, "Ken" <atm_ken_hunter@ > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Drew...
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks for the reply on the controller. I never did hear if you had it working or not.
                          > > >
                          > > > I have 2 more of the XMS Controllers.
                          > > >
                          > > > One of them I grabbed your power supply from, so the power supply needs work. The other one (my unit) is complete but may be missing a button cap or ??? Memory fading on that. I have a crystal head and some crystals, an inside cable or 2. I'll get a handle on exactly what I have and get back to you on it. Don't know the condition as it has sat in the barn for a year now under a plastic sheet. May be good still, may be junk. Either way I'll let you know. Make an offer for all I can find...

                        • Ken
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 22, 2010
                            OK, no problemo!

                            Ken