The First Beam

  • Attila
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
      Hi All,

      First I wish you a Happy New year.

      Well many of your guys asked me a video of my ebeam gun or source.
      Normally I don't like tell things or show things if I am not 100 percent sure that is work correctly. In the case of my ebeam gun I am only sure 99% that is works corrcectly.But to get it work 100% correctly I need more time.
      I also don't want to let your guys wait and wait, and maybe you think I did not do anything and the gun won't be finished.

      So my gun is not ready yet, but I have made a video for you of the first beam. The video is available on the following link:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=IOZCu9vET3c&sharing_token=AmfLz5dvPZDY6bGgDYI-iw

      You can skip the first one minute does not happends anything!
      Please note, that is a private video only 25 people can view it.

      Under the video I speak on my mother languange. Please apologise I was to excited.Please add comments! On the video the beam melts aluminium, and as you can see its shape is tailed. That is what I have to fix. Otherwise everything works fine. I hope I can evaporate metal in a few days.

      Attila
      The Hun
    • Attila
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        Hi All,

        First I wish you a Happy New year.

        Well many of your guys asked me a video of my ebeam gun or source.
        Normally I don't like tell things or show things if I am not 100 percent sure that is work correctly. In the case of my ebeam gun I am only sure 99% that is works corrcectly.But to get it work 100% correctly I need more time.
        I also don't want to let your guys wait and wait, and maybe you think I did not do anything and the gun won't be finished.

        So my gun is not ready yet, but I have made a video for you of the first beam. The video is available on the following link:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch_private?v=IOZCu9vET3c&sharing_token=AmfLz5dvPZDY6bGgDYI-iw

        You can skip the first one minute does not happens anything!
        Please note, that is a private video only 25 people can view it.

        Under the video I speak on my mother languange. Please apologise I was to excited.Please add comments! On the video the beam melts aluminium, and as you can see its shape is tailed. That is what I have to fix. Otherwise everything works fine. I hope I can evaporate metal in a few days.

        Attila
        The Hun
      • Aaron
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
          Hi Attila,

          I wish you Happy New Year too.
          I wish to see the video but i cant get to see it, gives me error

          Regards,
          Aaron

[...]

          Get your preferred Email name!
          Now you can @... and @....
        • Attila
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
            Hi Aaron,

            try this:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOZCu9vET3c

            Attila

            --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, Aaron <aydinnl2000@...> wrote:

            > Hi Attila,
            >
            > I wish you Happy New Year too.
            > I wish to see the video but i cant get to see it, gives me error
            >
            > Regards,
            > Aaron
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Attila
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
              Maybe you have to login, to youtube.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
                Hi Attila,
                Manage to see your video. Its great I'm happy for you.
                How many watt did you use for melting alu. I realize you didn't use your sweep controller or i didn't notify.
                The sparks you had there is it because of not focusing the beam properly or its a gap issue between anode and cathode?
                Regards,
                Aaron

                > I wish to see the video but i cant get to see it, gives me error
                >
                > Regards,
                > Aaron
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

                New Email names for you!
                Hurry before someone else does!
              • Attila
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
                  Hi Aaron,

                  Well the beam power was about 600-800W,(the power supply is capable up tu 3.2 Kw) yes the sweep controller was not in use because first I had to figure out, where hitting the beam the crucible.And the first 3-4 try was too short after that I was able to move farther the beam(this is the zero position wich depends on the power of the main filed permanent magnetic field.)

                  Sparks is because the vacuum was too low, and the HV hit the ground(shortcut) The min vac. is 10-4 torr to avoid sparking. I think the sparks are not between the anode and cathode instead of between the cathode leads and the gun housing.

                  Regards

                  Attila
                  The Hun

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
                    Thank you Attila,
                    Its getting excited I cannot wait for your further experiments.
                    So whats your next trail maybe Sio2:). When can you start producing the e-beam gun and how much will be the cost of the e-beam gun if you make 1 for me.
                    Sorry I'm asking to many questions because i think I'm too excited hehehe.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2010
                      Hi Aaron,

                      The weakest link of my evaporation system is the vacuum system. I can reach very hard the 10-4 torr. So that is the only thing which can slow me. But I think I need this maybe the next week to fully functioning the gun, after that I can start the production of the gun, so end of january it can be real.

                      Tomorrow I am going to send a the quotation for you via private message.

                      Regards
                      Attila
                      The Hun