Re: Electron beam gun

  • Aaron A
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
      Hi Attila,

      How is the project going on, any updates.

      Regards,
      Aaron

      --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Attila" <schneyolo@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I just ask for patience as I wrote I need a bit more time to operate it. My gun has also 270 degres beam bending and hidden emitter source
      > avoiding the direct shine of the tungsten filament and the contamination.
      >
      > Attila
      > The Hun
      >
      > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron A" <aydinnl2000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Attila,
      > >
      > > I don't have EB gun I do simple from copper plate and tungsten filament, no electron bending or sweeping just direct hit on the source, melting some of the copper too:( Just for testing, no real coatings done so far but it works to make nice coatings on small objects. Definitely need sweep controller to control the beam.
      > > Waiting your EB pocket to finish I will like to have one with 4 pockets:) and your sweeping controller.
      > >

      > > Regards,
      > > Aaron
      > >
      > > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Attila" <schneyolo@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi!
      > > >
      > > > Aaron is right, using e-beam power it is possible to evaporate almost or the entire periodic table. Because the kinetic energy of the electrons when they hitting the target becomes heat around 5000-6000 Celsius,it is high enough to evaporate everything.
      > > >
      > > > Aaron I don't konw how far is your chatohd and anod from each other but in my design it is only some thens of milimeters, that's why I told you the arching problem. Even maybe at 3200V you won't had have arcing.
      > > > I know a design too, where the guy used variacs and MOT-s and evaporated material succesfully, I am sure it works!
      > > >
      > > > I want to use higher accelerating voltage and variable amperage to use the gun for wide range of material evaporating.For this the power supply of the HV is SWPS. Even I need to use pole extension to make the beam diffuse for oxid evaporation.
      > > >
      > > > The sweep control unit consist 3 lineal coils in the ususal U shaped design. The circuit is designed by myself. It is capable to adjust the beam position in X-Y way and the sweep amplitude and frequency in both X and Y way independly.Sweeping is essencial without it at narrow beam can pierce through the material and can damage the crucible.
      > > >
      > > > Attila
      > > > The Hun

    • Attila
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 12, 2009
        Hi Aaron,

        Well it is going slower than I guessed. I got a lot of trouble with the X Y sweep unit. But finally it WORKS, yesterday I was able to try it and it is ok.

        I have still vacuum leakage two of the feedthroughs should be change because it is made of bakelite and the gases goes through it.

        Looks like the HV power supply and the filament XFM works properly, and the emission source is ready too.

        If I wont get too serious problem with the leakage maybe I can fire up the gun in this year.

        Regards