First vacuum

  • schneyolo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2008
      Hello All,

      Today I got my first vacuum!
      I only tried my rough pump. At the first try I got 0.12 Torr.And at
      the second and third I got 0.05Torr which is good enough I think. This
      tries all made with the old unknow oil, what I want to change to
      diffoil-20ultra. The diff. pump was not tried because of the old oil
      is in and I don't want to make any shit! The vacuum sensor what I
      repaired(I turned another housing out of plexiglass) works fine.
      The ion bombardment cleaning works too.
      Now I have to wait for my oil,clean the pumps and change the oil.

      Anyway should be wash out the pumps using some "soultion" before I
      fill in the new oil? Or just bleed the old and fill in the new?

      Cheers!

      Attila Schné
    • radroy92
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2008
        When you drain the oil see if it looks dirty or clean. If dirty you
        may need to remove the pump and clean it.

        Roy