Cold Cathode

  • rmarcon@mpcnet.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Andrew
      I have a cold catode gauge. Its a Penning or Philips type. The power suply is a 2kV dc and I mesure the small current in the gauge with a multimeter in 200 micro amper scale.
      In rough vacuum , the current is 1,24 mA. When diffusion pump begins its work , the pressure drops and the current drops to 10 microamperes. In a old chamber ( with leakages ) the current never drops below 40 microamperes, but aluminizing was possible. With this Varian M6 Diffusion pump and without serious leakages , the pressure is lower. In four hours of pumping I am ready for evaporate.

      Regards

      Rogerio Marcon