Visit to Andrew's fun house

  • Rocky_Beech
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2007
      Andrew,
      I just wanted to thank you again for you gracious hospitality last
      Friday night. I really learned a lot. I found the files area too and
      read some of James text and hope to meet him sometime.
      I did find a small diffusion pump over the weekend. Looks to be 3 to
      4" throat. Will know for sure when it arrives but the price was right
      for a starter pump.
      I have a question. Is there a local source for diffusion pump oil?
      Also, is there an optimum temperature for the heater? i am sure I
      will have more questions as i put things together.
      Keep me posted on the astronomy outings.
      Thanks again,
      Russ
    • Aurigema, Andrew N. (KSC)[ASRC AEROSPACE]
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        Russ,

        I buy RobinAir vac oil off ebay for my pumps because it is cheap and I can afford to change it more often.  I get DiffOil 20 from Lesker for the diff pumps.  A gallon of that last forever as you only use a cup at a time and it really dont get dirty.  The temp I dont know about.  It runs full blast from what I can see.  James tells me that if the circulation water is on and coming out warm then that is good.  If you forget to turn the water on till after the oil is hot then you will make steam because that oil is 500+ degrees.  I have a little thermo switch on my diff stacks that cuts power on overtemp just to be safe.