GP GRANVILLE PHILLIPS IONIZATION GAUGE CONTROLLER TORR Item number: 280128643250

  • Ken Hunter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      ION gauge controller on eBay

      GP GRANVILLE PHILLIPS IONIZATION GAUGE CONTROLLER TORR Item number:
      280128643250

      needs a fuse holder replaced and the gauge tube/cables
      Still reasonably priced at $28.00 plus $24 shipping.

      Ken Hunter
    • Jim RabidWolf
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
        I own two of these - one with and one without the auto range select - the
        one for sale has the auto select (you can see the motor shaft on the back
        view).

        These units pull a real neat little trick in that you can use your ion tube
        as a piriani gauge, too -never seen that anywhere else. This feature makes
        it a great unit for someone on a budget.

        I have spare 5886's if this one's bad (and you won't have to pay the $92
        that duniway gets for them, either).

        More than worth the money. I posted the manual and schematics for this unit
        already in the files section - it's a GP 236.

        Jim RabidWolf
        > GP GRANVILLE PHILLIPS IONIZATION GAUGE CONTROLLER TORR Item number:
        > 280128643250
        >
        > needs a fuse holder replaced and the gauge tube/cables
        > Still reasonably priced at $28.00 plus $24 shipping.
        >
        > Ken Hunter
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 12:19 PM

      • Thomas Janstrom
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2007

          Jim,

          Just a quick note to let you know your gate valve is on its way, and has been now for about 2 weeks, you should get it in about 4-6 weeks (might be a bit longer, but I doubt it).

          Sorry it’s taken so long to get moving, but I have just had to move house so most of my (read that as all) of my vacuum stuff and ATMing gear is in storage, it really is amazing how much you can cram into a 10’X15’X10’ storage lock-up, I think there is about a foot of head room left in the thing right now…..

          Cheers, Thomas.

          PS, how much for the 5886 I’m thinking about a new (better) sensor and controller, the old Veeco unit is hard to tune, and I don’t know if the calibration is still any good, and replacement heads are almost impossible to find now!

          > GP GRANVILLE PHILLIPS IONIZATION GAUGE CONTROLLER TORR Item number:
          > 280128643250
          >
          > needs a fuse holder replaced and the gauge tube/cables
          > Still reasonably priced at $28.00 plus $24 shipping.
          >
          > Ken Hunter
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --
          > 12:19 PM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

        • jrrymiller
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 23, 2007

            ebay has 5886's for sale at "buy it now" for $18 item number 140139224212

            140139224212

            Jerry Miller

            --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Janstrom" <t_janstrom@...> wrote:

            > PS, how much for the 5886 I'm thinking about a new (better) sensor and
            > controller, the old Veeco unit is hard to tune, and I don't know if the
            > calibration is still any good, and replacement heads are almost impossible
            > to find now!

          • Jim RabidWolf
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24, 2007
              The 5886 is an electrometer tube only Thomas...

              If you need a new controller, I do have a pair of NRC720's - heavy, need a touch of work, but good units, none the same.

              Jim RabidWolf Hickinbotham (Uncle Rabid)
              Uncle Rabid (http://www.unclerabid.com)
              We Repair Electronic Speed Controllers
              For Asian Mini Lathes and Mini Mills
              "Just Crazy Enough To Get the Job Done"
                               NOW FULL TIME
              Just a quick note to let you know your gate valve is on its way, and has been now for about 2 weeks, you should get it in about 4-6 weeks (might be a bit longer, but I doubt it).

              Sorry it’s taken so long to get moving, but I have just had to move house so most of my (read that as all) of my vacuum stuff and ATMing gear is in storage, it really is amazing how much you can cram into a 10’X15’X10’ storage lock-up, I think there is about a foot of head room left in the thing right now…..

              Cheers, Thomas.

              PS, how much for th

              (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

            • Jim RabidWolf