Shall we close down?

  • Ken Hunter <atm_ken_hunter@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2003
      Hi Guys...

      It's been 2 weeks since we have had any input to the Group, There are
      2 new members this week but no message activity. Should we close down
      the group or keep it open?

      I'd like to see more activity here... I'd also like to see some
      warmer weather so that I can get out to the garage and start work on
      the vacuum station sitting out there. Last night we had whiteout
      blizzard conditions just above zero F, snow drifts 4-5 feet filled up
      the 75 foot driveway. Luckily we have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and
      made it across the yard between drifts to the road when we needed to
      get out this morning. I can post some photo's if anyone's interested.

      Let's get something going here... I challenge each of you to invit
      ONE other person to join the Group and get them to participate. I
      know there is interest out there and I'd like to see this become a
      useful place to meet and discuss various things about your pet
      projects.

      If we don't have any improvement in a couple of weeks I'll close the
      Group down. No sense writing this down for myself, I don't need to
      compile a journal for others to read.

      OK, now get typing!

      Ken Hunter
    • Darald Bantel
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 16, 2003
        On Sun, 2003-02-16 at 18:31, Ken Hunter wrote:
        > Hi Guys...
        >
        > It's been 2 weeks since we have had any input to the Group, There are
        > 2 new members this week but no message activity. Should we close down
        > the group or keep it open?
        >
        > I'd like to see more activity here... I'd also like to see some
        > warmer weather so that I can get out to the garage and start work on
        > the vacuum station sitting out there. Last night we had whiteout
        > blizzard conditions just above zero F, snow drifts 4-5 feet filled up
        > the 75 foot driveway. Luckily we have a 4 wheel drive vehicle and
        > made it across the yard between drifts to the road when we needed to
        > get out this morning. I can post some photo's if anyone's interested.
        >
        > Let's get something going here... I challenge each of you to invit
        > ONE other person to join the Group and get them to participate. I
        > know there is interest out there and I'd like to see this become a
        > useful place to meet and discuss various things about your pet
        > projects.
        >
        > If we don't have any improvement in a couple of weeks I'll close the
        > Group down. No sense writing this down for myself, I don't need to
        > compile a journal for others to read.

        Greetings

        I would suggest not!!

        This hobby (or should I say subset of a subset of a subset of a hobby
        (vacuum coating from mirror pushing from ATM)) is not necessarily one
        that will have a large following. If you need to have a large number of
        people then the list will die if a few interested persons are allowed to
        interact as time, ability and interest allow then I believe that it
        should continue!!

        My $0.02 Cdn (not much (grin!)).

        Darald
      • Michael Mattei
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2003
          I would like to see this forum stay open because one day I would like to build a chamber to coat mirrors and you guys are the only ones who have the information I would need. So, please stay on line.

                                  Mike Mattei     One of the new guys.