Re: Lowest vacuum possible with Silicone, and where to get Viton rubber in USA?

  • jrrymiller
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      Henry,
      I use a gasket to seal my chamber that is cut out of a large truck
      inner tube. To complete the seal I use wax that I bought as a toilet
      seal ring. The wax is sticky and helps the seal the chamber. It
      probably outgasses some but any dosen't seem to be a problem. Exotic
      materials and sealents are great but many ordinary products perform
      just as well. My experience is that leaks are the primary cause of
      poor performance. I have had good luck using a product known as "shoe
      goo" for bonding glass to metal this product is sometimes
      called "goop" but in my experience it is the same stuff.
      Jerry
    • henry_3507
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2006
        Jerry,

        if rubber is something to use for the chamber and then something to
        seal the rubber it self then i will absolutely try it, thanks for that
        tips! Will see if i cant get some wax around here as well since this
        then seem to work. Will save both time and money for sure.

        Thanks again!

        Regards Henry