Re: [VacuumX] Re: Thomas - Connecting big Diff pump to little diff pump?

  • Gomez Addams
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 1 10:29 AM
      On Aug 31, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Thomas Janstrom wrote:

      > As for the TC between pums it's only there to make sure that the inter
      > pump system is pumping, not to measure anything meaningfull. If that
      > makes sense? What I mean is the preasure, compeared to the other TC
      > when
      > the pumps start up, should be higher between the two diff pumps than at
      > the TC which is located nearer the chamber. Atleast that's the theory!

      Unless I am missing something...
      At pressures at which TC's are useful, both tubes would indicate roughly
      the same pressure. At pressures at which the DP's operate, both TC's
      will read zero.

      - G.
    • Thomas Janstrom
      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 2 5:34 PM
        I understand now. Oh well, the port is there, I might just blind it off,
        or use it to monitor the the presure when the system is shut down to see
        what any leak rate might be...

        Best Regards, Thomas Janstrom
        Reflective Coatings Australia.
        Ph: 07 4157 2207
        Fax: 07 4157 3637
        Mobile: 0412 500 572

        On Sep 2, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Ken Hunter wrote:

        > That's what I essentially said in my first post... The Diff pumps only

        > become active after the TC gauges are bottomed out.

        I know, but Tom didn't seem to get it, so I tried to restate it a
        different way.

        > Ken Hunter
        >
        > --- In VacuumX@yahoogroups.com, Gomez Addams <gomez@o...> wrote:
        >>
        >> On Aug 31, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Thomas Janstrom wrote:
        >>
        >>> As for the TC between pums it's only there to make sure that the
        > inter
        >>> pump system is pumping, not to measure anything meaningfull. If
        > that
        >>> makes sense? What I mean is the preasure, compeared to the other
        > TC
        >>> when
        >>> the pumps start up, should be higher between the two diff pumps
        > than at
        >>> the TC which is located nearer the chamber. Atleast that's the
        > theory!
        >>
        >> Unless I am missing something...
        >> At pressures at which TC's are useful, both tubes would indicate
        > roughly
        >> the same pressure. At pressures at which the DP's operate, both
        > TC's
        >> will read zero.
        >>
        >> - G.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links