Don't Forget!

  • Stephanie Elms
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
      www.VaHomeschoolers.org
      Your Resource. Your Voice. Your Association.

      Don't Forget...

      ...New VaHomeschoolers Announcements List

      As mentioned in a previous message, VaHomeschoolers is moving the VaHomeschoolers Announcements email list off yahoogroups and onto a new service. If you have not had a chance to sign up for the new list, you can sign up at any time from the VaHomeschoolers home page or from here:

      http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/sign_up.asp

      As of December 7, 2009, we will begin to use the new list exclusively, so be sure to join today so you don't miss a thing!

      ...the VaHomeschoolers Board Elections

      Members should have received a mail-in election ballot with their November-December VaHomeschoolers Voice. As a member-directed organization, we need your input, so don't delay! Vote today.

      We are aware of and are investigating that some members in certain parts of the state have yet to receive their Voice. We hope to have a resolution soon. Because of this delay in delivery, we are extending the voting period until December 31, 2009.

      ...the VaHomeschoolers Bookstore for Holiday Shopping

      VaHomeschoolers provides the best value for your homeschool advocacy dollar, and through the VaHomeschoolers Bookstore, you can contribute to VaHomeschoolers by simply doing what all homeschoolers love: buying books!

      http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/bookstore/

      As an Amazon.com associate, VaHomeschoolers gets a percentage of the cost of any items you order through our Bookstore. And not just for books...CDs, toys, electronics, magazines, DVDs, housewares, you name it. If you can order it through Amazon, we can get credit for it.

      We have stocked the VaHomeschoolers Bookstore with homeschooler-recommended books and resources. If you do not see what you are looking for in our store, you can click on the link at the top of the Bookstore page to be taken directly to Amazon.com. As long as you go through the Bookstore page, credit will go back to VaHomeschoolers. For more information on how the associate program works and how you can support VaHomeschoolers through your purchases, see:

      http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/bookstore/faq.asp

      ...VaHomeschoolers in Your 2009 Charitable Donations

      Which of VaHomeschoolers’ services do you think is most valuable? Our Homeschool Helpline? Our comprehensive website? Our supportive seminars and conference? Our lobbying efforts at the General Assembly? Or maybe it’s VaHomeschoolers Voice, or our work with school districts on your behalf. Perhaps it’s our inclusive approach that welcomes you into our publications and our events, so you get the support you need regardless of your political or religious background.

      These services to homeschoolers in Virginia are only partially paid for by your $20 membership fee. To cover the rest of the cost of these services, The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers has officially become a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, so we can receive your tax-deductible donations.

      If you value the services that VaHomeschoolers offers, please consider including VaHomeschoolers in your charitable giving this year.

      Thank you for your support!

      VaHomeschoolers is a non-profit public charity with 501(c)(3) status; your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. A financial statement is available from the Virginia Division of Consumer Affairs upon request.

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
      www.VaHomeschoolers.org
      Your Resource. Your Voice. Your Association.

      ~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~..~
      Please feel free to forward this message to other homeschoolers and homeschool groups or email lists who might find this information useful. If this message was forwarded to you, be sure to join the VaHomeschoolers Announce List to receive future updates directly.

      Join online:
      Or via email:
      VaHomeschoolersAnnouncements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Become our Fan on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/VaHomeschoolers

      Follow Us on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/VaHomeschoolers

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
      www.vahomeschoolers.org
      info@...
      PO Box 5131
      Charlottesville, VA 22905