Legacy Circle Reception - April 26, 2008

  • Stephanie Elms
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 7:07 PM

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers

      www.VaHomeschoolers.org

      Your Resource. Your Voice. Your Association.

      You're Invited to Our Legacy Circle Reception on April 26 in Richmond

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers invites you to join us in recognizing the first honorees to be named to our newly-formed Legacy Circle, recognizing especially outstanding service to homeschoolers in Virginia .

      You're invited to the Legacy Circle Reception, which will honor William Shaw, Margaret Shaw, Jay Phaup, Mary Alissa Wilson, Ellen Neal, and Shay Seaborne. It will be held 4:30 pm, Saturday April 26 at the Science Museum of Virginia. The Reception is open to past and present members as well as non-members who would like to share in our celebration. There is no fee for this event.

      The Legacy Circle recognition ceremony, immediately following the Homeschool Enrichment Seminar, will feature awards, a reception, refreshments, and a chance for homeschoolers to meet with the honorees and thank them for their work in establishing VaHomeschoolers and making it a valuable part of the homeschooling landscape in The Commonwealth.

      Current board members and guest speakers from the seminar will also be on hand during the reception to answer questions and chat about VaHomeschoolers and home education.

      The Legacy Circle was created by the VaHomeschoolers Board of Directors in January 2008 to create a special designation for those who have made founding and guiding contributions to the organization.

      "These people combined vision and hard work to create a non-partisan and inclusive voice for homeschoolers in Virginia ," said Parrish Mort, president of VaHomeschoolers.  "Without their initial idea and without their hours of dedication, we would not have the strong and valuable organization we have today.

       We want to honor their service, because remembering our roots is an important part of our ability to have perspective on homeschooling today and in the future."

      "We invite our members and friends of homeschooling to celebrate the accomplishments of these six very special people by attending the Legacy Circle Reception," said Mort. "We're very excited to share our gratefulness to them, and we know homeschoolers always enjoy food, friends, and fun. We welcome those who attend the seminar to stay over and get to know one another as we all show our appreciation to Will, Margaret, Jay, Mary, Ellen and Shay."

      An RSVP for the Reception is not required but would be appreciated to help us in our planning. If you know in advance that you will be joining us, please send an email to seminar@....

      For more information about the Legacy Circle :

      http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/about/legacy_circle.asp

      For more information about the Homeschool Enrichment Seminar:

      http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/seminars/2008_HE_seminar.asp

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
      www.VaHomeschoolers.org
      Your Resource. Your Voice. Your Association.

      Please feel free to forward this message to other homeschoolers and homeschool groups or email lists who might find this information useful. If this message was forwarded to you, be sure to join the VaHomeschoolers Announce List to receive future updates directly.

      Or via email: VaHomeschoolersAnnouncements-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers

      www.vahomeschoolers.org

      info@...

      PO Box 5131
      Charlottesville, VA 22905