VaHomeschoolers presents: An Evening with David Albert

  • Stephanie Elms
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2007

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers presents:

      An Evening with David Albert

      “Dismantling the Inner School ”

      Vienna Community Center

      120 Cherry Street, SE, Vienna , Virginia

      Friday, September 7, 2007

      7:00pm – 9:00 pm

      Come join us for an evening with homeschool dad, writer, storyteller and author, David Albert!

      Dismantling the Inner School

      Schools make kids dumber. You’ll be surprised to see who has come to that conclusion. We all want the best possible education for our children. But sometimes the images of school we hold in our minds limit us from acting fully upon that which, deep down, we already know. We will explore some of these images together and increase our self-confidence in helping our kids and our family pursue our dreams and aspirations.

      Books and other resources will be available for purchase.

      About David Albert

      David Albert is the author of three books about homeschooling: Have Fun. Learn Stuff. Grow. Homeschooling and the Curriculum of Love, Homeschooling and the Voyage of Self-Discovery, And the Skylark Sings with Me: Adventures in Homeschooling and Community Based-Education, He writes a regular column "My Word!" for Home Education Magazine, and a second column "What Really Matters" with Joyce Reed, for The Link. His work has appeared in scores of magazines and journals worldwide, ranging from Life Learning Magazine to the Journal of the American Philosophical Society. As founder of New Society Publishers, he was both editor and publisher of John Taylor Gatto's Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling, and more than a 100 other titles. He was also a founding member of Co-op America and the National Association of Socially Responsible Businesses.

      For more information on David Albert, see www.skylarksings.com.

      Members: $12 per person or $20 per parental couple
      Non-members:$15 per person or $23 per parental couple

      An additional $3 will be added for walk-in registrations.

      Not a member? Join VaHomeschoolers for $20, and get the seminar for $12.
      Read more about the benefits of VaHomeschoolers membership: www.vahomeschoolers.org/join/.

      Online: Register before September 5th with a major credit card via PayPal

      At the Door: Walk-in registration will be available.

      Contact seminars@... with questions or for additional information.

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
      Your Resource. Your Voice. Your Association.

      Please feel free to forward this message to other homeschoolers and homeschool groups or email lists who might find this information useful. If this message was forwarded to you, be sure to join the VaHomeschoolers Announce List to receive future updates directly.

      Or via email: VaHomeschoolersAnnounce-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers

      PO Box 5131
      Charlottesville , VA 22905