RE: [VTPO] Re: MIDI ready CONN Theatre Organ Console

  • glennreinke
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
      You are absolutely right. I just checked the manuals that came with the organ and it is a 652.
      I'll change the designation on the e-bay right away. Sorry about that error. Didn't mean to mislead anyone.

      Best ever, Glenn.

      ---- owen jones <solovox@...> wrote:
      > It aint a Conn 653, it is a Conn 652
      >

      > This is a 653; I wired one up last October.
      >

      > Owen
      >
      > http://www.theatreorgans.com/owenjones/
      >
      > _____

    • glennreinke
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
        Howdy, Sorry about the having the wrong model number. Type in 11114220846 on e-bay for more pictures. A lot of preliminary wiring has been done. Starting price is $2495.00.
        ---- flembree <flembree@...> wrote:
        > Sorry for the dumb question. I saw it and it looks beautiful. Thank you.
        >
        > --- In VTPO@yahoogroups.com, "flembree" <flembree@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > What is your asking price???
        > > Thank you,
        > > Francois E (Frank) Lembree
        > >
        > > --- In VTPO@yahoogroups.com, <bus1@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > OK guys, here it is. I've just listed my CONN 653 Theatre Organ Console on e-bay. The easy way to look it up is by the number which is 111142208646. Take a look, she is a beauty. I've put a few bucks into it as you can see 50 plus thumb pistons. (Lighted if you like). And the key contacts have all been wired and ready for Artisan HV-64 boards. Which, by the way will fit under each manual. Yes, I did a small mod to make that work, but it is cool!
        > > >
        > > > Best of all, the console woodwork is in beautiful condition. Thanks for looking. And tell you pall if he or she is looking to go VTPO. This is a winner for that. Best ever, Glenn.

      • John Ferguson
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
          I wondered about that too!
          Looks really nice.

          Fergie

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 10, 2014
            Hi Owen,
            I am in the process of (slowly) building a VTPO from a 652 and note you mention locating the HV-64 boards under the keyboards. You mention you had to do a small mod to make it work. My desire is to also locate the HV-64 boards under the keyboards. Would you be willing to share how you achieved it, maybe a pic or a sketch?

            My plan is to voice my as a Paramount 341. My good friend Rod Reynolds has been my mentor and inspiration thus far.

            I have attached a pic of my console work thus far. All the tabs are wired and laid out to suit the 341. I have used bits n pieces of timber and finish from other Conn organs to maintain the walnut finish. Please feel free to share the pic as you wish.

            I am a Yahoo VTPO member.

            Cheers,
            Paul

            ---- owen jones <solovox@...> wrote:
            > It aint a Conn 653, it is a Conn 652
            >

            > This is a 653; I wired one up last October.
            >

            > Owen
            >
            > http://www.theatreorgans.com/owenjones/
            >
            > _____

          • paulguy428
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 10, 2014
            • 1 Attachment
            • 1.9 MB
            Hi Owen,
            Apologies mate, I forgot to add the pic...pls find attached.

            Cheers,
            Paul