Re: [VMMP] answer for my question

  • Sanjoooooooooooo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
      Dear Varadharajan

      Namaskara

      Even for human beings birthdays are celebrated based on the TITHI. Birth start has nothing to do with Birthday celebration.

      Thanks
      Sanjay

      On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM, T P Varadharajan <tpv@...> wrote:

      Hare Srinivasa,

      Thanks a lot for your new initiative.

      Hari Vayu Gurugalu’s blessings will be there with you always.

      I have a small question.

      Normally for humans we identify birthdays with the Star.  But for Gods we identify birthdays with the Thithi ie.Rama Navami, Krishnashtami, etc

      Is there any specific reason for this !

      Namaskara

      T P Varadharajan alias Jayatheertha.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2010
        FOR GODS WE SEE THE TITHI AND NAKSHATRA,BOTH R REQUIRED. KRISHNASHTAMI HAPPENS ON ROHINI NAKSHATRA AND ASHTAMI TITHI, BUT THE PRFERENCE IS GIVEN TO TITHI, THE COINCIDENCE OF NAKSHATRA AND TITHI WILL BE RARE EVENT IT'LL BE A SPECIAL FESTIVAL REGARDING KRISHNASHTAMI THE TITHI AND NAKSHATRA CONICEDENCE IS CALLED AS JAYANTI.

        RAMANAVAMI ALSO HAPPENS WITH PUNARVASU NAKSHATRA AND NAVAMI TITHI, BUT WE SPEACIALLY REMEMBER THE JANMA TITHI OF GODS FOR OUR CONVENEINCE, RAMANAVAMI STATES CLEALY THE BIRTH TITHI OF LORD RAMA, THE NAKSHATRA WAS PUNARVASU, SO BOTH R REQUIRED FOR  GODS BECAUSE IT IS A SPECIAL DAY FOR FESTIVAL EVENTS,
        FOR HUMANS WE IDENTIFY BY TITHI ONLY. BECAUSE THE COINCIDENCE OF NAKSHATRA AND TITHI WILL BE A RARE THING SOME TIMES THE NAKSHATRA WILL BE CHANGING SO WE PREFER TITHI ONLY FOR HUMANS.
        Varadharajan <tpv@...>