VLF

  • David Hine
    Message 1 of 73 , Feb 1 1:26 AM
      Dear Brian

      Thanks for your help on VLF monitoring. I am currently doing some ELF transmitting experiments and have set up a crude beacon that sends out a signal on ULF below 1HZ- (almost DC). The beacon transmits twice daily at 09.00 to 09.30 and then 21.00 to 21.30 GMT aproximately. It also, because of its crudeness, it emits some spaced 25HZ and 50HZ too. If anyone is interested please email me. I dont expect the signal to travel any real distance but if it causes any problems whatever please let me know and I will close it down immediately!!- it is intended purely as a ham experiment

      Dave Hine G4DIG (London)

    • Renato Romero
      Message 73 of 73 , Feb 1 2:05 PM
        Wow,
        a new WTS community is born!
        (Worm Transmission Standard)

        I made my first test some years ago, playing with the orthogonal
        earth dipoles (see http://www.vlf.it/romero/seismic_rdf.htm). I was
        surprise to find a strong 80 Hz signal so far from the origin
        point. The source was a telephone line test set, and the injected
        power only 0 dBm (1 mW). The transmitting dipole was two short
        aluminium stake placed at 1m distance. The signal, detected 100 m
        away with an earth dipole and SpectrumLab, was 25 dB out of the noise
        background!

        Perhaps this summer I will try with a more serious dipole: 200 mt
        with a power of 50 dBm (100 W).
        The NASA will be alerted before ;-)

        Bye, renato