What if they strike now :-)?

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
      Burlage/Rhauderfehn on 23.4 kc is off the air since Dec, 22nd early
      afternoon. Enjoy your holidays !

      Walter
    • Walter
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
        uups, 21st, (Friday)
      • Komsomolsk Na Amur
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Steve

          These VLF stations are currently more or less active:

          16.4 Royal Norwegian Navy, Novik Norway
          18.1 Russian Navy / Strategic forces, operating from 6 radiocentres:
          Vileyka Belarus, Arkhangelsk Russia (currently undergoing extensive modernisation and off-air), Khabarovsk Russia, Kara Balta / Chaldovar Kyrgyzstan, Krasnodar / Krasnoarmeyskaya Russia, Nizhniy Novgorod Russia.
          18.2 VTX3 Indian Navy, Vijayanarayanam, India.
          18.3 French Navy / FOST Rosnay, France.
          18.6 Royal Australian Navy, Woodside, Australia.
          19.6 Royal Navy, Anthorn, UK.
          19.8 US Navy / ( Royal Australian Navy ) North West Cape, Australia ( currently off-air )
          20.27 NATO / ITalian Navy, Isola di Tavolara, Italy.
          20.5 reference frequency transmissions by Russian Radio centres.
          20.9 French Navy / FOST St Assise, France.
          21.1 same as 18.1
          21.4 US Navy, Lualualei Hawaii, USA
          22.1 Royal Navy, Skelton, UK.
          22.2 Japanese Navy, Ebino, Japan
          23.0 reference frequency transmissions by Russian Radio centres.
          23.4 NATO / Bundesmarine Burlage Germany
          24.0 US Navy, Cutler, USA
          24.8 US Navy Jim Creek, USA
          25.0 reference frequency transmissions by Russian Radio centres.
          25.1 reference frequency transmissions by Russian Radio centres.
          25.2 US Navy La Moure USA
          25.5 reference frequency transmissions by Russian Radio centres.
          26.7 Turkish Navy, Bafa Turkey
          27.3 Russian navy / Strategic forces, Khabarovsk Radio centre excusively.

          Best regards

          Trond J.
          Hvaler Archipelago
          Norway
          59.0333N 11.0333E
          UTC+1(+2DT)

        • Steve Yates
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
            Thanks Hans,

            It would have been about 14:00 local time in Victoria (I think) at
            the time of my recordings so the sun would have been up high there.
            I know the D-layer of the ionosphere isn't so lossy at VLF but do you
            think there would still be propagation to Texas given the times? I
            have much more experience with natural emissions at VLF and other
            then the old Omega stations I have never paid much attention to other
            manmade signals in this frequency range.

            73,
            Steve Yates
            Fort Worth

            --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, Hans Michlmayr <michlmyr@...> wrote:

            > Steve,
            >
            > The station on 18.2 kHz (which looks more like 18.3 on your
            spectrogram)
            > is probably
            > VL3DEF (in Sale , Victoria, Australia) . It is currently operating
            > around the clock on
            > 18.3kHz, sometimes they move to 18.6kHz. It is operated by our
            navy,
            > power levels
            > are not disclosed, but are believed to be in the order of several
            > hundred kW. They use
            > the old Omega site , the tower is >400m high. Many years ago they
            were
            > operating on
            > 13.0kHz.
            >
            > Hans Michlmayr

          • Steve Yates
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
              Thank you Trond for the useful frequency list. I will keep this as a
              reference.

              Steve Yates
              Fort Worth
            • Hans Michlmayr
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2008
              • revex540
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2008
                  VL3DEF does not appear to be operational at the moment at least there is
                  nothing
                  heard on 18.3 or 18.6 here just 580Km away.
                  The station is reputed to have the tallest transmitting tower in the
                  world at 427M.

                  Bob VK7KRW

                  --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, Hans Michlmayr <michlmyr@...> wrote:

                  > Steve,
                  >
                  > The station on 18.2 kHz (which looks more like 18.3 on your
                  spectrogram)
                  > is probably
                  > VL3DEF (in Sale , Victoria, Australia) . It is currently operating
                  > around the clock on
                  > 18.3kHz, sometimes they move to 18.6kHz. It is operated by our navy,
                  > power levels
                  > are not disclosed, but are believed to be in the order of several
                  > hundred kW. They use
                  > the old Omega site , the tower is >400m high. Many years ago they
                  were
                  > operating on
                  > 13.0kHz.
                  >
                  > Hans Michlmayr

                • Hans Michlmayr
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
                    revex540 wrote:
                    > VL3DEF does not appear to be operational at the moment at least there is
                    > nothing
                    > heard on 18.3 or 18.6 here just 580Km away.
                    > The station is reputed to have the tallest transmitting tower in the
                    > world at 427M.
                    >
                    > Bob VK7KRW
                    >

                    > Bob ,

                    just switched on and tried ,VL3DEF is putting in a good signal into
                    Perth on 18.2kHz.

                    Hans