Re: Whistlers

  • Shawn Korgan
    Message 1 of 295 , Apr 1 1:42 PM
      Hi all,

      I gave things a listen this morning on shortwave (15-22 MHz) for the
      slowly descending signals and could not locate a single one.
      Conditions don't seem to be the same as I recall. The band appeared
      to be dead between 4-6 AM MST with little if any signals anywhere
      (other than the local time signals from Ft. Collins).

      I found out much of the supposed Jupiter noise was from a nearby TV
      set and VCR which were both off however still producing plenty of
      noise.

      I made a note on my calendar to listen for these mystery signals
      sometime late December. It could be they are present in the above
      band around the solstice rather than near the equinox?

      Later,

      Shawn
    • SK
      Message 295 of 295 , Oct 5, 2016
        There were decent two-hop whistlers this morning prior to sunrise from a storm in Arkansas and strong one-hop whistlers from a storm centered near my magnetic conjugate. The whistlers are getting stronger now just after 8 AM MST.

        The Forest, Virginia stream is receiving some of these strong whistlers as well.

        Shawn