Re: [VLF_Group] Re: ALERT: Geomagnetic K-index of 6

  • John Popelish
    Message 1 of 221 , Dec 1, 2006
      Ernst D. Schmitter wrote:
      > This geomagnetic disturbance clearly showed up in yesterdays
      > fluxgate signal between 12 and 15UT but not at all in the VLF SID
      > traces. There seems to be no direct connection between magnetic
      > field variations and ionospheric disturbances, at least not
      > regularly. In contrast, some of X-ray flare activity last days (see
      > GOES measurements) seems to reflect in the SID traces
      > (www.electricterra.com/Ernst).

      Perhaps the frequency content in these solar wind
      disturbances is well below the roll off knee frequency of
      your VLF system. What frequency range does your VLF system
      cover?

      My experimental FGM-3 magnetometer system was down for
      repairs (broken wire) yesterday, so I missed the whole
      thing. ;-(

      But I am back up and running, now, with a few changes that
      should improve the stability a bit, I hope.
    • Paul
      Message 221 of 221 , Feb 7, 2012
        The Bielefeld whistlers are very loud indeed, relatively faint
        at Todmorden.

        This is often the case, there is definitely a good European
        longitude for whistlers, perhaps soon we will be able to
        find it.

        --
        Paul Nicholson