Re: [VLF_Group] Question - Receiving VLF Signals

  • Da4e
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi Shawn,

      The link you sent to Mark..( Hi Mark ) is an old one, the site now has its
      own domain and is http://www.da4e.nl/index.html
      This is as permanent as it gets, and the link for Mark would be
      http://www.da4e.nl/BBB_41.html
      for the schema of the BBB-4.
      There is no doubt that Steven McGreevy's BBB-4 is still one of the best Rx's
      around for Natural Radio. Also details for the mods required to use BNC
      plugs for the whips are on the same site.
      As you mentioned, the listening/recording should be as far away as possible
      from mains sources ( 50-60 Hz line frequencies), and earthing is a must..
      My intro to natural radio was an old Bush radio, standing 3 feet high, (
      furniture in the 40's-50's ) on Long wave it was sometimes outstanding for
      whistlers etc..
      Hope you get plenty of fun out of this interest Mark, I'm sure you will once
      you get into it.
      All best wishes to all in the group for 2002

      Dave
      The Netherlands