Riddle Of The Polar Sky

  • krolradio
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 1:27 PM
      The Science Channel has been broadcasting an informative 1hr program on
      the prospects of learning the composition of the Aurora Borealis.Also
      the task of trying to record the audio sound of the Auroras.This setup
      was useing an induction coil receiver with 2 channels up to 20khz.The
      rebroadcast listed will be Feb 05 2006 5pmET.

      Kim
    • Rickfordg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1 9:37 PM
        >>This setup
        was useing an induction coil receiver with 2 channels up to 20khz.The
        rebroadcast listed will be Feb 05 2006 5pmET.

        Kim<<
        Hi Kim
        Very good show! I would like to know more about the antenna it didn't look all
        that big.

        Rich
        WD4RBX
      • Rich Oliver
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2 6:48 AM
          The best part is the footage of fine (meter) scale motions in the
          aurora. It gave me a whole new appreciation of the phenomenon.

          -Rich

          > Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:27:31 -0000
          > From: "krolradio" <krolradio@...>
          > Subject: Riddle Of The Polar Sky
          >
          > The Science Channel has been broadcasting an informative 1hr program on
          > the prospects of learning the composition of the Aurora Borealis.Also
          > the task of trying to record the audio sound of the Auroras.This setup
          > was useing an induction coil receiver with 2 channels up to 20khz.The
          > rebroadcast listed will be Feb 05 2006 5pmET.
          >
          > Kim

        • Manfred Kerckhoff
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3 3:03 PM
            Group,

            sounds interesting. Will anybody make a recording of that broadcast?
            I can offer a 15 min TV report on SAQ (360 MB mpg).

            Manfred