Re: [VLF_Group] Re: E-field rx, front-end protection

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 73 , Feb 10, 2013
      I plugged prx-e1 into a BT878 card which samples at 448k/sec.
      Here is a live spectrum, 0 to 224kHz in one big wide image,

      http://abelian.org/vlf/spec224.html

      Updates every 3 minutes or so. Hopefully browsers will provide
      scroll bars! The receiver begins to roll off above about
      100kHz but the equivalent input noise is low up to a few
      hundred kHz.

      Not being at all familiar with the LF bands, I've no idea
      what all those signals are. Are there any weak ones that
      I can look for as a sensitivity test?

      --
      Paul Nicholson
      Message 73 of 73 , Mar 21, 2013
        Got a good price for the PCB fabrication from a local
        (Todmorden) manufacturer and I added up the parts cost,

        In UK pounds for the populated boards:

        prx-e1 E-field front end: 23.67

        prx-t1 Filter, line driver, PSU: 52.73

        prx-r1 Line receiver: 24.42

        About 100 quid for the set, not including boxes and
        cables, etc, and doesn't include assembly and test.

        Well that's a bit cheaper than I thought it would come
        to. Will complete the breadboard testing this month
        and have a set of boards built up in April and then some
        serious testing.

        Further back in the pipeline is prx-h1 which is an
        H-field front-end developed from the loop receiver I
        currently use, and a -p1 isolated power supply.

        --
        Paul Nicholson