SAQ Xmas transmission

  • Michael Oexner
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2012
      Hi all,

      From the SAQ homepage:

      SAQ Transmissions

      Transmission on Christmas Eve 24 December

      We plan for a traditional transmission on Christmas Eve Monday 24
      December. We plan to start the transmitter at 07:30 UTC and will be on
      air a few minutes later. A message will be sent at 08:00 UTC. The
      frequency is 17.2 kHz CW.

      QSL-reports are kindly received:

      QSL reports can be given via:

      - E-mail to: info@...

      - or fax to: +46-340-674195

      - or via SM bureau

      - or direct by mail to: Alexander - Grimeton Veteranradios Vaenner,
      Radiostationen, Grimeton 72, S-432 98 Grimeton, SWEDEN

      Note: SAQ is a member of the Swedish Amateur Association (SSA) and "QSL
      via bureau" is OK.

      --
      vy 73 + gd DX,

      Michael

      RX: ICOM R75, SDR-IQ, Perseus
      Antenna: Wellbrook ALA 1530, Mini-Whip
      Location: Roschbach, Germany N 49°15' E 8°07' / Locator JN49bf

      ENDBH & NANDBH editor

      http://ndbchangeblog.blogspot.com
    • 4x4Junky
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2012
        If anyone might be interested, I have 3 new 100' spools of Belden 9913
        I'm selling.

        http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/3475873500.html

        Steve
      • g4vbd
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
          Hi All
          Just uploaded a video of this mornings SAQ transmission, including all the pops, crashes and local noise.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGz6DE6X1OI

          Equipment is an E-Field Probe and Perseus, as I always seem to be using this!

          Merry Christmas

          Steve, g4vbd

          --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Oexner <michael.oexner@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >

          > From the SAQ homepage:
          >
          > SAQ Transmissions
          >
          > Transmission on Christmas Eve 24 December
          >
          > We plan for a traditional transmission on Christmas Eve Monday 24
          > December. We plan to start the transmitter at 07:30 UTC and will be on
          > air a few minutes later. A message will be sent at 08:00 UTC. The
          > frequency is 17.2 kHz CW.
          >
          > QSL-reports are kindly received:
          >
          > QSL reports can be given via:
          >
          > - E-mail to: info@...
          >
          > - or fax to: +46-340-674195
          >
          > - or via SM bureau
          >
          > - or direct by mail to: Alexander - Grimeton Veteranradios Vaenner,
          > Radiostationen, Grimeton 72, S-432 98 Grimeton, SWEDEN
          >
          > Note: SAQ is a member of the Swedish Amateur Association (SSA) and "QSL
          > via bureau" is OK.
          >

          > --
          > vy 73 + gd DX,
          >
          > Michael
          >

          > RX: ICOM R75, SDR-IQ, Perseus
          > Antenna: Wellbrook ALA 1530, Mini-Whip
          > Location: Roschbach, Germany N 49�15' E 8�07' / Locator JN49bf
          >
          > ENDBH & NANDBH editor
          >
          > http://ndbchangeblog.blogspot.com

        • Jean-L. RAULT
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
            Weaker signal than usual this morning here near Paris.
            QSA 4 to 5. Sunrise QSB effect ?

            Merry Christmas to you all

            Jean-Louis F6AGR
            QRA loc: JN18DQ
            RX AOR AR5000 + G5RV used as vertical top loaded aerial

            Le 24/12/2012 08:22, g4vbd a écrit :
            > Hi All
            > Just uploaded a video of this mornings SAQ transmission, including all the pops, crashes and local noise.
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGz6DE6X1OI
            >
            > Equipment is an E-Field Probe and Perseus, as I always seem to be using this!
            >
            > Merry Christmas
            >
            > Steve, g4vbd
            >

            > --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, Michael Oexner <michael.oexner@...> wrote:
            >> Hi all,
            >>

            >> From the SAQ homepage:
            >>
            >> SAQ Transmissions
            >>
            >> Transmission on Christmas Eve 24 December
            >>
            >> We plan for a traditional transmission on Christmas Eve Monday 24
            >> December. We plan to start the transmitter at 07:30 UTC and will be on
            >> air a few minutes later. A message will be sent at 08:00 UTC. The
            >> frequency is 17.2 kHz CW.
            >>
            >> QSL-reports are kindly received:
            >>
            >> QSL reports can be given via:
            >>
            >> - E-mail to: info@...
            >>
            >> - or fax to: +46-340-674195
            >>
            >> - or via SM bureau
            >>
            >> - or direct by mail to: Alexander - Grimeton Veteranradios Vaenner,
            >> Radiostationen, Grimeton 72, S-432 98 Grimeton, SWEDEN
            >>
            >> Note: SAQ is a member of the Swedish Amateur Association (SSA) and "QSL
            >> via bureau" is OK.
            >>

            >> --
            >> vy 73 + gd DX,
            >>
            >> Michael
            >>

            >> RX: ICOM R75, SDR-IQ, Perseus
            >> Antenna: Wellbrook ALA 1530, Mini-Whip
            >> Location: Roschbach, Germany N 49�15' E 8�07' / Locator JN49bf
            >>
            >> ENDBH & NANDBH editor
            >>
            >> http://ndbchangeblog.blogspot.com

          • Peter, 54N 10E
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 24, 2012
              Hi,

              Jean-Louis wrote:
              > Weaker signal than usual this morning here near Paris.
              > QSA 4 to 5. Sunrise QSB effect ?

              Confirmed from Kiel; approx. -8 dB
              Distance: 19.3 x lambda
              Bearing : NNE