Re: www.vlf.it update

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 80 , Jun 25, 2012
      Hi,

      I don't talk about the geometry of the lines up in the air.

      Your photo shows a 3 phase supply system.
      We need to look at the voltages only: in a 220 kV system we have

      pahse A : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t )
      pahse B : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t + 120 degrees)
      pahse C : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t + 240 degrees)

      These phase offsets do have a prominent influence on the far field E vector.(a distance large in comparison to the distance between the lines - this is where geometry really counts)
      Likewise for the current under your assumption of purely resistive load.

      I think you do it right only the text was misleading to me.

      Walter
    • reromeroit
      Message 80 of 80 , Sep 19, 2015
        A new monitoring station has been added to the Openlab VLF Observatories Network.

        Laurentian University Radio Observatory
        With Live data from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada:
        http://www.vlf.it/laurentian/livedata_laurentian.html http://www.vlf.it/laurentian/livedata_laurentian.html

        It is maintained by Kevin Saroka. Thanks Kevin!

        Meanwhile continues with great success the measurement campaign on very low frequency signals "Opera2015"
        http://www.opera2015.xyz http://www.opera2015.xyz
        It is oriented to the study of geomagnetic pulsations, and the possible presence of seismic radio precursors. Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

        73, Renato Romero