Re: www.vlf.it update

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 81 , Jun 25, 2012
      Hi,

      I don't talk about the geometry of the lines up in the air.

      Your photo shows a 3 phase supply system.
      We need to look at the voltages only: in a 220 kV system we have

      pahse A : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t )
      pahse B : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t + 120 degrees)
      pahse C : u(t) = sqrt(2)*220000 * sin ( 2* pi*50 *t + 240 degrees)

      These phase offsets do have a prominent influence on the far field E vector.(a distance large in comparison to the distance between the lines - this is where geometry really counts)
      Likewise for the current under your assumption of purely resistive load.

      I think you do it right only the text was misleading to me.

      Walter
    • reromeroit
      Message 81 of 81 , Mar 5, 2016
        Two new updates are available on the website www.vlf.it:

        The IdealLoop project is now also equipped with a PCB, thanks the work that Jochen Richert has agreed to share to all:
        http://www.vlf.it/feletti2/idealloop.html
        The part is added to the end of 2014 Article.

        As part of OPERA monitoring project, an event, that shows what were received our monitoring stations during the gravitational wave passing detected by LIGO, has been added .
        The home page of Opera Project is available here: http://www.vlf.it/opera_2015.html
        For gravitational wave monitoring page click on "Pulse 021" or directly here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9i03z2o6r7ughud/pulse_021.html https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9i03z2o6r7ughud/pulse_021.html

        Renato Romero