Re: Hum and other sounds.

  • rfiemiguy
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2012
      The airport is almost due north of me, I never hear anything on ground there and only a few flights overhead. The sound is from more toward west and HANGS IN THE SKY. If it were an aircraft, it would not be standing still in the sky. This is very same sound heard in Tallahassee that the NWS claimed was distant lightning conducted in a "duct".

      --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, Tom Becker <gtbecker@...> wrote:

      > Forgive the obvious, but Orlando/Sanford Airport (KSFB) is about seven
      > miles to your NNW and sports 9600- and 6600-foot runways, long enough
      > for large jets.
      >
      > Tom

    • rfiemiguy
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2012
        I have a nice Olympus recorder. I will try to remember to do that next time.