VLF Web page

  • VLFkorgan@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      Here is a VLF web page the group may be interested in viewing. This
      site is capable of downloading VLF archived audio when it is working
      properly. http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~physics/vlf/index.html

      Future Radio Astronomy from the Moon
      Because of the increasing use of the radio spectrum by transmitting
      services, radio astronomy is faced with the future prospect of increased
      interference to radio astronomy observations, and sites of low
      interference are being sought. A large area of the back side of the Moon
      viewed from the Earth is always hidden from the Earth and low-orbiting
      transmitters, and is thus shielded from terrestrial interference. There
      are already proposals to install VLF instrumentation in this shielded
      zone, together with international proposals to keep the zone free from
      transmitting services.
      http://wwwnar.atnf.csiro.au/~jhouldsw/c40report/node21.html
      The web page for Steve McGreevy's excellent National Public Radio
      interview is currently up and running again if anyone is interested in
      hearing his interview!
      http://www.npr.org/programs/lnfsound/stories/990326.stories.html

      Shawn

    • Tim Bucknall
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        brilliant, i hope that happens,

        Hi all,

        reading your excellent logs, makes me want to get my Rx back from the repair
        shop soon!
        tim