RE: [VLF_Group] Re: Pic Comb Filter

  • MarkD
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2011
      Hi Edgar,

      Thank you very much for taking the time to do that for me, I will download
      it now and let you know when I have so you can delete it.

      Greatly appreciated J

      Regards,

      Mark

    • MarkD
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2011
        Hello again Edgar,

        Thank you I have downloaded the file so you can now delete it, wow that's
        some hum, the hum nuller removed it nicely.

        Have a great weekend.

        Regards,

        Mark

      • EdgarBigDog
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2011
          Will delete, Marky! Have a good weekend, yourself.
          We got another storm coming in, so it looks like another bumper crop of
          overload-level sferic's. Hope you've had a chance to see my new VLF
          videos and hear some of my classic vinyl record plays on You Tube. Best
          Regards, Edgar
          --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "MarkD" <mdennisond@...> wrote:

          > Hello again Edgar,
          >
          > Thank you I have downloaded the file so you can now delete it, wow
          that's
          > some hum, the hum nuller removed it nicely.
          >
          > Have a great weekend.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Mark

        • EdgarBigDog
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2011
            Marky, The hum I sent you was Grade A1 hum, sampled
            from the 120V, 60Hz line
            through a good quality 6.3V, 1.2Amp transformer that has a cool idling
            core, then through a
            voltage divider consisting of a 560 ohm series resistor and a 100 ohm
            resistor shunt to audio
            common. The sample was a little over 1V RMS and likely had very little,
            if any, added distortion.
            The sample, being taken in Lebanon, Tennessee, at 11:00pm Central Time,
            was, of course, after
            business hours, at a time when many people would be asleep. The sample
            represented a time of
            minimum loading and noise in our local power system. I have several
            mylar capacitors across the
            AC line in our house, as they are in harmonic filters, so our power may
            have less harmonic
            content than the average home. The sampled hum was routed through a DVD
            recorder to the line
            input on my PC. Regards, Edgar