Re: VLF receiver from car stereo...,RIAA Pre-Amp

  • EdgarBigDog
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2010
      I did a comparison between a 6558 and an LM833(low noise op
      amp) while I was repairing the power amp and installing a VLF
      Receiver in my Technics Stereo Receiver. The noise levels were
      identical! An IC-based RIAA phono pre-amp is a great start for a VLF
      receiver because one only needs an audio step-up transformer at the
      input and then to change the capacitors and resistors in the deemphasis
      network to form a bandpass filter for the desired VLF Frequency Range.
      Blessings and Best Regards To All, Edgar

      --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "whagen6" <whagen6@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone successfully built a VLF receiver from car stereo graphic
      equalizer and audio amplifier?
      > Thanks,
      > William F. Hagen

    • Jack
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
        Edgar did you get the vlf receiver instaled in your Technics? If so
        how did it work? Jack

        --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "EdgarBigDog" <fmpup@...> wrote:

        > I did a comparison between a 6558 and an LM833(low noise op
        > amp) while I was repairing the power amp and installing a VLF
        > Receiver in my Technics Stereo Receiver. The noise levels were
        > identical! An IC-based RIAA phono pre-amp is a great start for a VLF
        > receiver because one only needs an audio step-up transformer at the
        > input and then to change the capacitors and resistors in the deemphasis
        > network to form a bandpass filter for the desired VLF Frequency Range.
        > Blessings and Best Regards To All, Edgar
        >
        > --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "whagen6" <whagen6@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Has anyone successfully built a VLF receiver from car stereo graphic
        > equalizer and audio amplifier?
        > > Thanks,
        > > William F. Hagen

      • EdgarBigDog
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
          Yes Sir, it's a definite "Go!" mission. The VLF receiver, with it's transformer-isolated input and computer line output, has absolutely no problem feeding from the Stereo Receiver's +16V regulated supply and sharing the ground system with the 50W+50W Amp in the Stereo! You Tube Videos are being produced today and should be online in the nest day or two. Thank you for mentioning the project. Blessings to you and All, Edgar

          --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "Jack" <wf0c@...> wrote:

          > Edgar did you get the vlf receiver instaled in your Technics? If so
          > how did it work? Jack
          >

          > --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "EdgarBigDog" <fmpup@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I did a comparison between a 6558 and an LM833(low noise op
          > > amp) while I was repairing the power amp and installing a VLF
          > > Receiver in my Technics Stereo Receiver. The noise levels were
          > > identical! An IC-based RIAA phono pre-amp is a great start for a VLF
          > > receiver because one only needs an audio step-up transformer at the
          > > input and then to change the capacitors and resistors in the deemphasis
          > > network to form a bandpass filter for the desired VLF Frequency Range.
          > > Blessings and Best Regards To All, Edgar
          > >
          > > --- In VLF_Group@yahoogroups.com, "whagen6" <whagen6@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Has anyone successfully built a VLF receiver from car stereo graphic
          > > equalizer and audio amplifier?
          > > > Thanks,
          > > > William F. Hagen

        • Jack
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2010
            Good deal Edgar...I'll be looking for your post..